Head To Head Nico Rosberg vs Lewis Hamilton

What I don't get is this: LH feels he was hard done by pit strategy today, yet apparently thinks it was okay to use and engine mode he wasn't supposed to use in a previous race! Not applying a double standard is he?

This weekend has the feeling of 2007 again, but in reverse... These are the same sorts of comments that Alonso was coming out with at McLaren- and that didn't turn out well! As far as i can tell, there are three potential options for LH in 2015:
1. Suck it up and stick at Merc with Rosberg, but shut his mouth- let his driving do the talking
2. Return to McLaren- but I wonder if he would be very welcome there...
3. Go to Ferrari, (swap with Alonso?)

He's currently got the most dominant car in F1 history so I wouldn't want to move myself!

Lewis will stick with Merc because he needs to prove he is the faster driver and better driver . Lewis to Mercedes is more marketable with his global appeal. He can't go at the first sign of trouble with his teammate. Looks like he will come out fighting on the track

His deal though ends at the end of next year

2- Mclaren - maybe if Honda feel they need a top driver and they show Lewis they are a force to be reckoned with

3. Ferrari - Has appeal but they are in disarray and definitely the worst of his options

Well. This is getting tasty isn't it.

Actually might be playing into other teams hands though. Getting this pair to fight amongst themselves might create oppotunities.

Cue Fernando Alonso telling the media that Rosberg has been the best driver all season or something of that ilk.

No matter what Lewis says or (doesn't say), it will get twisted by the media. The same goes for Nico or any other driver. You could see Lewis was trying to be very careful about exactly what he did say because he knows from experience how things get interpreted.

As for using an engine mode he was not supposed to use, would Nico have done the same?

Just let them race!

They are being let race and thats fun to watch and I'm sure the media are twisting stuff however it obvious that too childhood friends who people were certain would never ever ever fall out (see earlier posts in this thread) have fallen out.

Who is right and who is wrong I don't know but it does add a little personal twist to racing events and unlike most things that go on in these millionaires lifes its one people can actual relate too. I'm mean who hasn't fallen out with a mate? I suspect this is why the media have jumped on it.

I don't understand a couple of things from the last 2 races.

In Spain, after the last pitstop when closing on Lewis, why was Nico told to hold back from Lewis to attack him nearer the end? He ran out of time.

Today, when Nico was told to fuel save, why wasn't Lewis told by his engineer to push like mad and pressurise him?

Why have buttons/settings the drivers are not allowed to use?

Something with Merc is troubling me, and it coud be the team causing issues with the drivers, rather than the drivers themselves.

Back
Top Bottom