Head To Head Nico Rosberg vs Lewis Hamilton

Personally I think that these would be perfectly good tactics to give the drivers as near equal chances as possible whilst reducing the likelihood of a collision.

I don't see how the drivers not sharing their data will affect the Mercedes development, it will continue as normal. They are not so far ahead that either championship has been decided.

I think if Rosberg doesn't beat Hamilton at Monaco his hopes of winning the championship on merit (i.e. without the help of a few more DNFs or slip-ups for Lewis) are pretty much over already. I have a feeling Nico might get the job done next weekend though.

There are 3 points between them, with a 7 point difference between a win and 2nd place and 14 races still to go.

That's a potential 98 points differential up for grabs, assuming every race from now on were to end with a Merc 1-2 (which is pretty unlikely in itself), assuming there are no more dnf's or other problems for either driver and assuming that Lewis hasn't built enough of a gap by about Spa or Monza for team orders to be imposed. With double points for the final race, even that is far from certain to happen.

I think this is far from over, even though Lewis has the upper hand at the moment.

I just worked this out cause I'm bored.
Assuming no more Merc retirements and assuming the Mercs get one two's for the rest of the season, neither of which are unlikely...

And assuming Nico wins Abu Double, then in order for Lewis to win the championship before Abu Double he needs 8 wins out of the remaining 14 races to be WDC.

Screen Shot 2014-05-16 at 15.21.26.png

So he could be uncatchable barring retirements by Singapore if he keeps up his winning streak.

Last edited:
EDITED
I think another mechanical retirement is unlikely however a mistake at a street circuit or even a Maldonadoism is much less more likely.

Last edited:
Especially as if Merc suddenly have another team that can beat them I'm pretty certain the 'let them race' policy will get a servere denting.

As I kept saying at the TV when the pundits were full of praise for Merc letting them race - its very easy to have that policy when your so far in front of everyone else that you can easiler claw back any mistakes. I'm sure the 'multi 446 / multi 644' would def be uttered if Merc were in a true fight for the constructors or drivers titles.

The closest fight between the Merc boys this year has been Spain and I don't believe that will happen to often to be honest, I know it seemed close in Bahrain but that was only because of the safety car Lewis had time in his pocket up until then..

Back
Top Bottom