Head To Head Nico Rosberg vs Lewis Hamilton

as for the mind games Lewis said Nico was faster !

Another stat that Nico Rosberg should well know but does not want to consider - Drivers that win 4 races in a row have always ended up as world champions in the season they achieved it !

At the moment Nico has managed to play catch up in every race to LEwis except the first race and unfortunately it is still not good enough

There has to be that element in him saying he can;t beat this guy...will he start resorting to dirty tricks as some have suggested might have to happen

What dirty tricks might those be? he can hardly play mind game with Lewis can he, seeing as it is him on the back foot, I suppose he could always go out and get off with Nicole or tie a banger to Roscoe's collar or maybe plug one of Hamilton's radiator vents just before he leaves to go to the grid...

Nico might do a Pironi - I don't see how he can beat Lewis in a straight fight. Two races now he was faster and could not find a way past Lewis

Nico might do a Pironi - I don't see how he can beat Lewis in a straight fight. Two races now he was faster and could not find a way past Lewis

Sorting his starts out (or quali) will do him well. There are tracks he's very good at qualifying so we'll see

You know what I'm fed up with this nonsense that is being put about that Nico has been faster It just blatantly isn't true is it? Well I've seen no evidence of it anyway, it is just bullshit, a fake to try and con us into believing that there is actually a fight for the championship when there quite obviously isn't...

Last edited:
Rosberg looked faster over a single lap in Bahrain and seemed to be able to manage his tyres better at Catalunya, had he started from pole position I don't doubt he would have probably won the race.

You know what I'm fed up with this nonsense that is being put about that Nico has been faster It just blatantly isn't true is it?.

Yes it is. There is no evidence greater than Nico's own aknowledgement. I remember you commenting after the Bahrain race that you had not been paying attention to what was happening at the front because it was two Mercedes in a race of thier own and it was... boring. Other pundits, commentators, fans and ex-drivers hailed it as the race of the century, but to you, again, it was just cars going round in circles.

If you had been paying attention, like the rest of the F1 fans then you would know. Seeing as you weren't, how can you even comment on it? Or maybe you were watching and refuse to believe that race-craft is a factor in winning a race.

If Nico was slower, then how do you suppose he caught Hamilton in Spain. Hamilton was clearly glad that the chequered flag came out when it did and Rosberg clearly wished it had come out two laps later... because Nico was faster.

I don't even see how this can come up for questioning and I try to find reason and then I realise that there is only one person questioning it.

Last edited:
Oh really ExtremeNinja the way I see it is Bahrain was only close between the pair due to the safety car, you know it, I know it, everybody knows it, and that is why I have a right to comment and also because I don't look at this season through rose tinted spectacles as other do and as you seem to be doing, which in a way is understandable considering your allegiance and that you don't want this year to be a non championship as far as Lewis is concerned so that people won't look back and say yeah but he only won because he had the best car and his teammate was beaten within the first four or five races, which lets be honest up to this point is true, without Hamilton DNF he would be miles ahead.

Don't upset yourself it's not Hamilton's fault it's just the way things are, Lewis is the superior driver in that team end of.

Last edited:
I'm every bit as much a fan of Rosberg as I am Hamilton, and of course you have every right to comment. I would suggest though, that when you are banging the bongos and everybody else is playing the violin that you must realise there is something wrong.

I also think that Rosberg is every bit as likely to win the championship as Lewis. They are two different drivers and this one is going to be a tightrope.

Last edited:
Oh really ExtremeNinja the way I see it is Bahrain was only close between the pair due to the safety car, you know it, I know it, everybody knows it, and that is why I have a right to comment and also because I don't look at this season through rose tinted spectacles as other do and as you seem to be doing, which in a way is understandable considering your allegiance and that you don't want this year to be a non championship as far as Lewis is concerned so that people won't look back and say yeah but he only won because he had the best car and his teammate was beaten within the first four or five races, which lets be honest up to this point is true, without Hamilton DNF he would be miles ahead.

Don't upset yourself it's not Hamilton's fault it's just the way things are, Lewis is the superior driver in that team end of.

The good news for those who don't like Hamilton is that despite the fact that he is the superior driver, the FIA points system so heavily penalizes DNFs that the outcome of the championship is going to be a toss up regardless.

I find this ridiculous. Kind of defeats the point of watching the race.

Last edited:
Lets not forget what the last race (or is it the last 3) and the application of the double, triple or however many points are needed to screw up a seasons worth of racing will do to the championship.
Two drivers very close together on points, the obvious leader beaten at that crucial moment, and overtaken in the points, not because he would have been under normal circumstances but because Bernie has decided to chuck extra points around.
I can't see that making for good team spirit.

The good news for those who don't like Hamilton is that despite the fact that he is the superior driver, the FIA points system so heavily penalizes DNFs that the outcome of the championship is going to be a toss up regardless

Ignoring the final race points fiasco, and only being concerned about trading 1st and 2nd places (as in the current situation), the formula is:

Number of races to level score = 1st points/(1st points-2nd points)

I'm not really sure how many races would be seen as a reasonable deficit for a DNF.

Should have added examples for the different points systems:

1st = 8 points 2nd = 6 points races to level up = 4

1st = 9 points 2nd = 6 points races to level up = 3

1st = 10 points 2nd = 6 points races to level up = 2.5

1st = 10 points 2nd = 8 points races to level up = 5

1st = 25 points 2nd = 18 points races to level up = 3.57

(Wish I could get the formatting right!)

Last edited:
Because of Mercs utter dominance, ironically this could be the hardest fought championships we have seen since 2007. Where one of the Merc drivers wins, the other will likely take the second best bag of points keeping them right on the others coat-tails. There is little room for any mistakes and i see this as being a knife-edge battle to the end. Compare the season to a single race and, if not ahead, then Nico will be in Lewis' slipstream to the chequered flag. One mistake, one reliability problem and he will shoot straight past. Perhaps the dominance of a team with two such talented and formidable competitors is the making of a classic season rather than the opposite. I, for one, am thoroughly enjoying the contest. I think it will go down as a classic, regardless of who wins.

Last edited:
As I've said before, the best system for a 2 driver championship is Ecclestone's medals idea. Problem is, you can't look on January 1 and say "One team will dominate, medals this year".

The medals idea would be an awful idea in 2012, with a lot of the suspense killed. It only produces the fairest result when there is no possibility of either of them finishing third.

Back
Top Bottom