Head To Head Nico Rosberg vs Lewis Hamilton

Nico only seems to make mistakes when he is in the vicinity of his team-mate. After a great start he completely fluffed his opportunity to legitimately take the lead.

What amazes me is that Hamilton has 9 wins to Rosberg's 4.
Yet there are only 17 points between the two drivers, in favour of Hamilton.

Hamilton's lowest placed finish is third, to Rosberg's fourth.
Hamilton has one more retirement than Rosberg.
Rosberg has one more points finish than Hamilton.

HAM: 1st x 9, 2nd x 2, 3rd x 2, RET x 3
ROS: 1st x 4, 2nd x 9, 4th x 1, RET x 2

Assuming Hamilton finishes in Abu Dhabi, he's in a very good position.
Error.png

Last edited:
Bah... it's all over. :yawn:

Hamilton deserves it, Nico's made too many mistakes, but the whole thing has lost the excitement for me. It has turned out more like Vettel vs Webber than I ever expected.

:(

thats 3 potential wins nico has thrown away because of lockups.he seems mentally rattled,eventhough he's suppoosed to be the cool,calm and calculated one.good recovery,but lack of tyre deg,helped big time.

I honestly believe he's been rattled since first being booed. He could really have done with a win today and he knew it, hence trying a positive overtaking effort at the first corner. Not sure how or why he managed to outbrake himself, seemed like he was fiddling with the wheel and/or his visor?

Thanks for that answer. On another thought, the award for most poles could be tight. Is the last race counted as a 'double pole' in the event on a tie break?

(ok, I am not being serious....)

Pole positions doesn't come in to it - if they're tied on points it comes down to the number of race wins in which case Lewis will win (even if Abu Dhabi counts as 2 wins, which may or may not be the case).

Couldn't help thinking that, as great as Rosberg's recovery drive to second was, it was an awful lot of work to finish in the same place he would have done without the mistake. Hamilton has had the sort of weekend where he was the only driver ever likely to win it.

The momentum is with Lewis and no one has lost a championship when they have won 8 races or more

As for Nico he's running out of races and I only think Brazil is his best chance because the rain usually plays havoc with the race

Back
Top Bottom