Head To Head Nico Rosberg vs Lewis Hamilton

They seem to be trying too hard at being the hip and honest team, giving the fans what they want but it's all a bit pukey really.

In comparison I'm beginning to think Christian Horner is a dece.... No no that's just absurd
:clip:

How long before Mercedes quit F1? It is unlikely that they will be anywhere as far ahead, if at all, next season. They could well do next year and then walk away saying that they have won everything to save a lot of money.

Public announcements of that strength as quoted in the report are unusual to say the least in this day and age. You have to wonder how that plays out with the drivers and the Merc staff. I guess for the drivers they'll be thinking which ever one wins the title would be safe and the other the one who has to move on.

I think it's more bluff and bluster and not really likely to happen but it's not helpful.

It is a German team and if push comes to shove I reckon they will come down on Nico's side, I think they hired Lewis to win the championship for them and later on they found out they didn't need him to achieve that, as they already had a driver capable of doing so and one that costs a lot less money..

Edit.

I also reckon that Toto is for the chop at the end of the year..

Last edited:
While Mercedes have a car that is a world beater then you're right, they don't need a driver of Hamiltons calibre.

It's next season and beyond when the competition closes the gap in performance that they will need a driver who can wrangle that extra speed out of the car.

Hamilton is the quicker driver but he's also the unluckier of the too.
It will come down to if you want a quick driver or a lucky driver.

Either way, it's not the sort of public statement you want made as the championship battle tightens and your drivers are going at each other tooth and nail. I would describe it as "not helpful"

Oh bless. Look at Lewis helping Merc pretend they're managing the driver situation

Hamilton on Monza:
"Racing is what I do best. I won't do anything silly, "It might be in his mind, who knows?"

Hamilton is the quicker driver but he's also the unluckier of the too.
It will come down to if you want a quick driver or a lucky driver.
Not all of Hamilton's problems this year have been down to bad luck, in fact quite a number of them have been down to his own misjudgment Silverstone and Austria qualifying mistakes by him, to name but just two and he created his own problems in Canada also his problem in Spa he had glazing of the brakes causing a lock up but Nico also had the same problem but he just managed it better as indeed he managed his car problems in Canada better than Lewis, Nico brought the car home and Lewis didn't.

So lets not pretend that it has been all bad luck for Lewis and all good luck for Nico because clearly that is not the case.

Last edited:
Not all of Hamilton's problems this year have been down to bad luck, in fact quite a number of them have been down to his own misjudgment Silverstone and Austria qualifying mistakes by him, to name but just two and he created his own problems in Canada also his problem in Spa he had glazing of the brakes causing a lock up but Nico also had the same problem but he just managed it better as indeed he managed his car problems in Canada better than Lewis, Nico brought the car home and Lewis didn't.

So lets not pretend that it has been all bad luck for Lewis and all good luck for Nico because clearly that is not the case.
Compared to Nico, Lewis is complete shit!

I don't understand a couple of things from the last 2 races.

In Spain, after the last pitstop when closing on Lewis, why was Nico told to hold back from Lewis to attack him nearer the end? He ran out of time.

Today, when Nico was told to fuel save, why wasn't Lewis told by his engineer to push like mad and pressurise him?

Why have buttons/settings the drivers are not allowed to use?

Something with Merc is troubling me, and it coud be the team causing issues with the drivers, rather than the drivers themselves.

I said this back in May. I don't like this sit back and wait a bit to attack at the end - it doesn't work. Lewis forced the issue today which gave him the win. If he sat back he would have ran out of time IMO and lost another 7points.

Back
Top Bottom