Head To Head Nico Rosberg vs Lewis Hamilton

further more i have to say,nico had 2 great opportunitys to get that 3rd place,with those 2 overtakes.unfortunatly for him he couldnt make them stick,eventhough he was faster at the time.maybe brawn was worried,if they keep on battling each other for 3rd place they might crash into eachother.

Kind of hard to make them stick when you are racing the same car with a DRS zone coming up straight away when you've just passed him.

He would have had plenty of more chances after, I think it was the Red Bull fight which scared the big bear (Ross Brawn) off.

What occurred to me the first time Rosberg passed Hamilton into the hairpin only to be re-passed into turn 1, was 'Why did you not wait until the final bend, get a good slipstream down the back straight then get in front with the DRS on the main straight, pass into turn 1 and have a whole lap to consolidate your position rather than giving him a chance to come straight back? Simples.'

Then he went and did it again!

Did anyone say he wasn’t allowed to race for the whole race? Or did people say he wasn’t allowed to race after he’d been told?

I think Hamilton deserves a bit of praise here. If he was telling the truth about thinking Rosberg should have made the podium, that is commendable humility. If he was lying, that is commendable diplomacy. I've talked about Vettel maybe losing a team-mate; I think Hamilton's post race reaction contributed to that situation being more unlikely at Mercedes.

The worst articles Ive ever read (not this weekend) are ones by some woman who writes for the guardian, I can't remember her name but occasionally a link is tweeted and I read it, and get angry and wished I hadn't read it LOL

What I notice is that Mercedes are criticised for ordering Rosberg to hold position whilst red bull (or at least Vettel) is criticised for ignoring an identical instruction!

The inescapable conclusion is that people don't like team orders... (Well d'uh!).... I have long suggested that all radio transmissions should be banned between the car and the pits- so there should be no telemetry, and no radios... Therefore, no team orders beyond what can appear on pit boards!

Back
Top Bottom