Nicki Lauda - Chump of the Weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of this is trying to defend the indefensible...

Don't try and defend Canada 2008 - It was a mistake by both Hamilton and Rosberg!

Monza 2010 - Hamilton stuck the nose of his car into a gap that just wasn't there! What was Massa supposed to do? Drive into his team-mate?
I don't think I've ever heard anyone place any blame on Hamilton for Spa 2009!

See post above

I can't believe some of the rubbish in this thread. I was out in the rain watching the race live...and all I can say is that I paid to see a Grand Prix race...and that's what it was: Lewis, Jenson, Alonso, Massa, Webber, Schumi, Koba, Heidfeld, Vettel...all 'racing'...all trying to get ahead or to keep ahead! Amazing!

These were all racing incidents...and i'm baffled by the buffonery by former F1 drivers like Lauda, Coulthard and Brundle on this. Thank heavens we had Fittipaldi - instread of Lauda - being the driver Steward at this meeting.

As a paying spectator, I was fine with it all.

The Artist.....I was repying to Teabagyokel several posts back

Please scroll up
...he says Spa 2009..LH ploughed into Grosjean...
Monza....Massa had brakes...Lewis was racing, the element of suprise...seeing a space & going for it.
Canada 2008....the pit lane is unusual & Kimi was double parked at the front...all people remember is what Lewis did. Team should have radioed RED LIGHT.
I am not defending the indefensible....merely pointing out the mitigating circumstances.

The Artist.....I was repying to Teabagyokel several posts back

Please scroll up
...he says Spa 2009..LH ploughed into Grosjean...
Monza....Massa had brakes...Lewis was racing, the element of suprise...seeing a space & going for it.
Canada 2008....the pit lane is unusual & Kimi was double parked at the front...all people remember is what Lewis did. Team should have radioed RED LIGHT.
I am not defending the indefensible....merely pointing out the mitigating circumstances.

Yeah sometimes I think we need to accept that Lewis can be a chump sometimes though and not look for mitigation. It's the drivers responsibility to look at a glaring light. Rosberg did the same. It doesn't make them bad it makes them (chumpish) human.

Please remind me, but did rosberg get a penalty for canada 08? I know Lewis got a grid drop, but cannot recall if rosberg did.

I admit I could not remember which of the two British drivers was eliminated by Alguersuari and Grosjean at Spa, sorry.

However, one of Hamilton's collision with Massa [Monza] or Webber's collision with Hamilton [Singapore] was his fault since the two clashes were almost indistinct.

I missed out Monza 2009 as well, as a matter of fact, no-one seems to have picked me up there (he was classified in mitigation for my chumpishness).

Please remind me, but did rosberg get a penalty for canada 08? I know Lewis got a grid drop, but cannot recall if rosberg did.

He was penalised for it as I remember correctly. On Canada 2008, I don't believe it is justifiable to complain that Hamilton's elimination from that race was anyone's fault but his, and that he deserved a grid penalty for contributing to the end of Kimi Raikkonen's title hopes.

My point was that Hamilton is not in general a "crash kid" or a "car breaker", since he's had few DNFs. I do not accept he doesn't make mistakes because that is obviously not true.

Anyone remember Sebastian Vettel having a similar couple of weeks last year? Didn't make him a bad driver either.

It's clear to me that Vettel has made Hamilton lose his mind lately. They (the 'pundits') are saying that Lewis is putting himself 'under pressure' to 'make up' for McLaren's disadvantage to the Red Bull when, in my view, the MP4-26s have been faster than the RB7s in 4 of the past 5 races.

Vettel has also destroyed Alonso's spirit for 2011. After the flyaways, there was talk of Fernando 'not being motivated'. The European races lifted Alonso...but i'm sure the Canadian result has crushed Alonso - or at least Alonso's hope of the title.

Hamilton and Alonso need not feel alone. Webber has been dismantled in comparison. When you benchmark Vettle 2010 v Webber 2010 in relation to Hamilton 2010 v Button 2010, it's clear as day that Button beating Webber in the last few races is indicative of MP4-26's having the measure of RB7.

Vettel, however, has cast a spell over Hamilton and Hamilton's just folded under it at a time when he (Hamilton) has had the better package.

With all due respect, Hamilton ought to be closer to Vettel in the WDC than Button is...but his mental game has been messed with by Vettel's blinding speed and sickening consistency.

If you get hit from behind in a road traffic accident ( not that I want anyone to experience this ? ) who do you think the blame will be on then when they conclude it ? Usually the car behind for being too close and not braking early enough to avoid it.

Also Lewis following Jenson they were going to the pitwall surely meant that any contact would end up in the wall..thankgoodness no one was injured from the broken debris from the Mclarens

Also Lewis following Jenson they were going to the pitwall surely meant that any contact would end up in the wall..thankgoodness no one was injured from the broken debris from the Mclarens

Have you read the Stewards report?

I admit I could not remember which of the two British drivers was eliminated by Alguersuari and Grosjean at Spa, sorry.

However, one of Hamilton's collision with Massa [Monza] or Webber's collision with Hamilton [Singapore] was his fault since the two clashes were almost indistinct.

I missed out Monza 2009 as well, as a matter of fact, no-one seems to have picked me up there (he was classified in mitigation for my chumpishness).

He was penalised for it as I remember correctly. On Canada 2008, I don't believe it is justifiable to complain that Hamilton's elimination from that race was anyone's fault but his, and that he deserved a grid penalty for contributing to the end of Kimi Raikkonen's title hopes.

My point was that Hamilton is not in general a "crash kid" or a "car breaker", since he's had few DNFs. I do not accept he doesn't make mistakes because that is obviously not true.

Anyone remember Sebastian Vettel having a similar couple of weeks last year? Didn't make him a bad driver either.

Rosberg was also penalised for failing to stop at the red light in 2008 and hit the back of Lewis

As for this crash kid...Vettel got an absolute slaughtering last year for his amateurish driving which put it down to being anti German when it was not ..its just that he has more confidence in himself to push that extra level this year and is having the luck

It's clear to me that Vettel has made Hamilton lose his mind lately. They (the 'pundits') are saying that Lewis is putting himself 'under pressure' to 'make up' for McLaren's disadvantage to the Red Bull when, in my view, the MP4-26s have been faster than the RB7s in 4 of the past 5 races.

Vettel has also destroyed Alonso's spirit for 2011. After the flyaways, there was talk of Fernando 'not being motivated'. The European races lifted Alonso...but i'm sure the Canadian result has crushed Alonso - or at least Alonso's hope of the title.

Hamilton and Alonso need not feel alone. Webber has been dismantled in comparison. When you benchmark Vettle 2010 v Webber 2010 in relation to Hamilton 2010 v Button 2010, it's clear as day that Button beating Webber in the last few races is indicative of MP4-26's having the measure of RB7.

Vettel, however, has cast a spell over Hamilton and Hamilton's just folded under it at a time when he (Hamilton) has had the better package.

With all due respect, Hamilton ought to be closer to Vettel in the WDC than Button is...but his mental game has been messed with by Vettel's blinding speed.

Ray

Its more like Vettel is having the rub of the green with everything and Hamilton is not.. Monaco was a perfect example where Mclaren weren;t ready in fitting Lewis' tyres and the same thing with Red Bull with Vettel but having fitted the wrong tyres for him they suddenly found themselves in the lead and trying to do one stop and lucky for them the red flag came out ..its things like that that frustrates drivers

Also he is anxious that Vettel keeps getting away being on pole and is doing some over the top aggressive lap 1 moves to try and make up the gap

Alonso sounds dispirited but Canada might given him hope and being Valencia next race he's not going to throw in the towel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom