News Corp

This is the disturbing part of CVCs' statement.As a big investor in CVC possibly Murdoch may not need to actually buy the commercial rights.If his and Exors investment is big enough he may well be able to influence the future of F1's TV transmission.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/91102
CVC has confirmed it has received a "friendly" approach from James Murdoch's company, and that he understands Formula 1 is currently not for sale.
CVC said, however, that it recognised "the quality of Exor and News Corporation as potential investors".

I will refuse to pay to watch F1; especially to the hideous waste of blood and organs that is News Corp.
ITV was bad enough with the bleeding adverts ruining the coverage but to have to actually pay to watch an F1 race (and probably with adverts included) will completely alienate me from the sport and I will separate cash from pocket no longer to see it at any circuit, either.

I'm with you there. The biggest problem for sure is adverts, in my opinion. How on earth can you possibly enjoy an event like a Motor race on TV, (whether you pay or not) with regular, totally irrelevant, interruptions? Frustrating or what...

Hmmm bit more to it than meets the eye.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mo...tential-takeover-and-Formula-Ones-future.html Representatives from Ferrari, McLaren, Mercedes and Red Bull are scheduled to meet in Stuttgart a week on Saturday to discuss a range of issues including negotiations over the new Concorde Agreement, various technical regulations including the planned switch to a new 1.6-litre turbo engine from 2013 and, of course, the potential takeover of the sport by a consortium including Rupert Murdoch’s News International and Exor, an investment firm with links to Ferrari.

As I've said before the teams don't know what they want or what's best for them. I know Bernie gets a rough time on here but none of the teams would be in the position they are without him and if they think News Corp, combined with a company linked to Ferrari, is going to be better for them well...

As I've said before the teams don't know what they want or what's best for them. I know Bernie gets a rough time on here but none of the teams would be in the position they are without him and if they think News Corp, combined with a company linked to Ferrari, is going to be better for them well...

After all, wasn't it Bernie who suggested to the privateer teams back in the 1970's that they needed to be better organised for their own benefit but no-one was interested, prompting him to volunteer to do it for them and in 1978 become Chief Executive of FOCA?

After all, wasn't it Bernie who suggested to the privateer teams back in the 1970's that they needed to be better organised for their own benefit but no-one was interested, prompting him to volunteer to do it for them and in 1978 become Chief Executive of FOCA?

And haven't they paid handsomely enough for that lack of foresight by now? How long can the status quo endure?

And haven't they paid handsomely enough for that lack of foresight by now? How long can the status quo endure?

That's a good question.I think that the teams are currently exploring all possible options for the future.
That may be with Newscorp.Maybe things will stay as they are.Or maybe something entirely different.
One thing "for sure" is that the F1 business model is currently undergoing a major review and the outcome is anyones guess.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/91111 Ferrari believes that big decisions need to be made soon about the future direction of Formula 1 - as it suggested more needs to be invested by its chiefs to promote the sport.
Ahead of likely intense discussions to try and frame a new Concorde Agreement, plus intrigue caused by News Corporation's interest in getting involved in F1, talk about a possible breakaway championship has emerged once again.
And Ferrari has made it clear that it is only interested in staying in an F1 that suits its need.
Team principal Stefano Domenicali says that talks about the future are likely to ramp up soon - with leading teams Ferrari, McLaren, Red Bull Racing and Mercedes-Benz due to meet News Corp next week to discuss future plans.

Sounds to me Ferrari are indulging in a bit of possible blackmail if they are trying to influence the terms of an agreement for their own gain / purposes.

Again.

(I suppose one could call it "negotiating" to be more PC...)

I was only going by your post. It clearly states Ferrari "is only interested in staying in an F1 that suits ITS need". Sorry if i misinterpreted it...

Back
Top Bottom