Michael Schumacher to drive for Ferrari in Valencia

Where will MS finish in Valencia?

• 1st

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RET

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
frog-n-flymo said:
I've always liked/supported Ferrari to one degree or another, but at times they make it really hard!

Yes i feel just the same way, cant we all just be nice to each other a all get along together in piece and harmony.

heck what am i talking about, think i took one to many happy piils, there's more chance of green men turning up at my doorstep then a week going by in f1 without a row flaring up :givemestrength:

So going by Ferrari's new "no say if you haven't won anything for years rule" can we go back and un-do every Ferrari protest between 1980 and 2000?

LOL

Don't they have amazingly short memories in Italy.

Of course anything that occured BS (that's before Schumacher) didn't really happen did it??

And now we have the second coming :D

Ferrari will be in F1 a lot longer than Max or Bernie, but I digress.

What I would have done in Frank's position is tried to cut a deal with Ferrari - OK Michael can test, but in return you let us sell our KERS system to Manor, Campos and USF1? Or get another concession out of them.

Obviously as it turns out Mateschitz has blocked it as well, so that wouldn't have worked anyway :D

Really, it seems to me, it is a very small thing to be arguing about. I just hope for Williams' sake that the remaining FOTA members don't start making things difficult for them.

I also wonder if the guy who slipped that release onto Ferrari site will have a job tomorrow...

I just hope for Williams' sake that the remaining FOTA members don't start making things difficult for them.

I don't think there's much to worry about on that score GM. I think it's quite clear that FOTA is a marriage of conveniance and given that the main objective was to put pressure on Max Mosley I think there will be more cracks in the organisation.

STR and RBR going against Ferrari is a testament to how fragile this alliance can be.

GordonMurray said:
Really, it seems to me, it is a very small thing to be arguing about. I just hope for Williams' sake that the remaining FOTA members don't start making things difficult for them.

i have to agree. its pretty minor.

the thing that does bother me, is this sudden joint effort versus ferrari. i understand argy wanted to test, we now find out this was not allowed. i assume this is for the same reason schumi was not allowed to test: not all the teams agreed. fair enough. but wasn't it massa who tried to give argy this chance and wasn't it ferrari who agreed with argy testing.

it could be me, but i sense some teams trying to hinder schumi as much as possible. after all, williams and red bull are the teams who would feel most at risk of losing points cos of schumacher driving. this hiding behind the rules is all nice. but somehow it doesn't sound very true to me because of the teams who object. these are the teams who stand to lose most by schumacher driving well. a non trained schumacher by default has a lesser chance then a trained schumacher.

may i say, F1 is still f1. and points are still extremely valuable.

bogaTYR said:
it could be me, but i sense some teams trying to hinder schumi as much as possible. after all, williams and red bull are the teams who would feel most at risk of losing points cos of schumacher driving. this hiding behind the rules is all nice. but somehow it doesn't sound very true to me because of the teams who object. these are the teams who stand to lose most by schumacher driving well. a non trained schumacher by default has a lesser chance then a trained schumacher.

Yeah, maybe true, but they're the rules and if STR have to stick by them, then Ferrari, for once, should have to play by the rules too!

bogaTYR said:
i agree, rules are rules. i am just surprised by the teams 'complaining'.
Do you mean Ferrari complaining about the other teams for making them stick to the rules or the other teams refusing to allow Ferrari to break the rules?

You know, if Ferrari had simply said they were disappointed but understood considering JA being disallowed a whole two weeks ago, this topic would have died a death.

The topic should be re-named "Ferrari's arrogance, deserved or disrespectful"

Don't get me wrong, if I was in Ferrari I would have made the same request, I would have been surprised if the teams had ageed (especially STR and whoever blocked JA, presumably Williams) and completely dumbfounded had the FIA agreed. But why piss everyone off with the style of statement they issued?

Brogan said:
Do you mean Ferrari complaining about the other teams for making them stick to the rules or the other teams refusing to allow Ferrari to break the rules?

i mean the two teams who refused schumi in the F60 before valencia. why these two teams and not the other ones? after over 30 years of F1 watching, i still have to see the first team doing anything to stick to the rules. anything to get points yes, but the rules? so to me, its an attempt to prevent schumi from getting points.

i mean, even williams have had their share of pushing the limits of the rules, as all teams did. refuelling anyone? and now the team suddenly is on a holy crusade to stick to the rules. i see no reason why williams and any other team fro that should suddenly go onto a trip to safeguard the rules. come on...

bogaTYR said:
Brogan said:
i mean the two teams who refused schumi in the F60 before valencia.
Hmmm, once again we'll have to agree to disagree.

The only team I see "complaining" is Ferrari, for not being allowed their own way again.

All the other teams have done is refuse their request.
Quite rightly as far as I am concerned.

if it would be all the teams, then i would have no doubts CaT. don't get me wrong, i think schumi should not be allowed to drive the F60.

the only thing that bothers me is, why williams and str? i note that the team leading the championship does not mind and i note the teams in the back of the championship do not mind. but the teams that can be threatened by ferrari do mind.

thats all. nothing big, just an observation.

I agree with you, bogaTYR, but we know that no-one in F1 is going to make a stand on principles without something going on. Its a valid observation but I think we should concentrate on whether the decision is right rather than what vested interests have caused such a correct result.

Michael Schumacher maybe to drive for Ferrari in Valencia

Michael Schumacher's fitness has come under question as he seeks his Valencia return. Can Marc Gene break out the neck weights and get in the simulator?

What next in Schumigate, eh? If this is true I'll feel pretty damn stupid launching the Michael Schumacher Quiz! Maybe it was unwise considering no individual driver had yet occured in my previous repertiore of quizzes!

Is my time on this forum now condensed to advertising my quizzes?!

ah, the simulator is in the factory. and the factory is closed cos of this summer shut down. so no simulator testing for anyone right now.

Err, chaps, I think you'll find that I won! :tea:

I originally voted that he would retire. I didn't say when he would retire, did I? OK, he retired before he got in the car, but that's what happens to old people*... :whistle:

* Oh hang on, the Shoe bloke is 40. I'm almost 40!

Back
Top Bottom