Current Mercedes

RasputinLives

So Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
Contributor
Dallara have far bigger projects than making Haas chassis. They supply cars to entire series. I think we might be looking at it with our F1 blinkers on.

Johnny Carwash

Champion Elect
Contributor
Another constructors title in the bag.Rarely have one team had so much continuous success, credit to them for getting the job done season after season.

Ruslan

Podium Finisher
Credit them with spending $700 million on engine development, backed up by $400+ a year for their team. Did they earn six championships or did they buy them?

siffert_fan

Too old to watch the Asian races live.
Contributor
Don't forget how limited the teams were in engine development, virtually guaranteeing Mercedes dominance as long as the formula lasted.

F1Brits_90

Race Winner
I put on the main thread, but its right for here. this is only from 2017 because 2014 to 2016 because that was obviously the clear advantage, especially when you think that dreadful Williams aero was made competitive

but since then in 2017, Japanese gp is last 3 years in a nutshell, as a lot say they have the best car. but them & Ferrari are closer matched but what they do is maximise what they have rarely make mistakes & why germany was so huge in Mercedes as it never happened, Ferrari make too many errors, they could won in 2017 title could've won 2018 title, could've won 9 grand prix this season including every race since the summer break, but actually only ended won 3 instead of 180 point gap it could should be 50/70. case in point yesterday you would rarely if ever see Mercedes lock out the front row no reliability issues & Ferrari finish 1st & 3rd very nearly 1-2. wouldn't happen

Bernoulli

Spectator
In summary: Ferrari lack leadership.

It's what they had from 1996 to 2008 which to date was there most successful spell in F1 handing them 8 constructor titles and 6 driver titles. Nowadays it's chaos which started with the arrival of Alonso. Funnily enough McLaren was in a mess during Alonso's spell there both times and got there act together after he left. Coincidence?

RasputinLives

So Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
Contributor
Not in my opinion no. Fernando was a good driver but seemed to want the whole team to focus on him which meant sometimes they didn't build in the right places. Just my opinion of course.

Top Bottom