Mercedes GP launch

snowy

Champion Elect
According to Bild Mercedes GP will launch its 2010 contender on the 25th of January in the Mercedes Museum in Stuttgart.
They also state that
"the car will be named Mercedes-Petronas RB1" The RB referring to Team Principal Ross Brawn and not Red Bull. :bored:

Obviously the car is going to feature some sort of silver theme so what I'm going to find more interesting is what colour scheme Mclaren are going to have? With Vodafone as title sponsor (is this still the case?) maybe they could go back to a red and white colour scheme?

We really don't need a situation like we have with the Red Bull's and the Toro Rosso's! Every time the camera flicks to a dark blue car running off track or hitting the wall Simon (I'm an edjit) Legard screams "Is that Vettel or Webber crashing?!! ...Oh my goodness, it's the Torro Rosso of, well your guess is as good as mine."

snowy said:
We really don't need a situation like we have with the Red Bull's and the Toro Rosso's! Every time the camera flicks to a dark blue car running off track or hitting the wall Simon (I'm an edjit) Legard screams "Is that Vettel or Webber crashing?!! ...Oh my goodness, it's the Torro Rosso of, well your guess is as good as mine."

Think you mean Jonathan ;)

At least he might have learnt how to spot a replay for next year's cars!

"OH! He's gone off AGAIN!"
"... It's a replay."
"Oh."

Anyway, I've definitely seen a mockup with the Mercedes car, like the one in the picture up there, but with the rear wing the turquoise colour of Petronas, so it might be easier than we think. I actually hope Merc go a bit darker on the silver/grey, just to make it a bit more obvious.

Disappointed with the "RB1". That's confusing at the very least.

With Mercedes' heritage I was hoping for a "W210" or similar.

Wasn't Red Bull's first chassis in 2005 called the RB1?

Seems a bit stilly to use the same characters and numbering system as a current team.

Perhaps RB actually stands for Really Brilliant? The Mercedes-Petronas Really Brilliant 1 :thankyou:

Sorry :embarrassed:

Someone photoshopped this as McLaren's livery:

16154_591817872828_274700579_6102839_3837033_n.jpg

That livery is 100/10 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Isn't it annoying when a team comes up with a really smart paint job when they go testing and then turn up at the track for race one with the same old corperate colour schemes.

Back
Top Bottom