McLaren Duet 2015

Who will be to drive McLaren 2015? (choose the duet)

• Alonso

Votes: 32 94.1%
  • Button

Votes: 20 58.8%
  • Magnussen

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Vandoorne

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • other

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
rufus_mcdufus They just had Vodafone

I did not think Spanish companies had money to burn but Telefonica Movi Star are big players in telecomms

Andyoak The Williams colours - green and white I thought were more down to being backed by middle eastern company namely Saudi Arabian

Mclaren livery's

- Orange
- Red and White Marlboro
- Yellow and White Marlboro - one off livery
- Silver to reflect Mercedes
- Sliver and rocket Red to emphasise Vodafone

so 2015 ??

I don't believe they will go all red

Telefonica Movistar ( O2 in the UK) are blue and white

So not sure if red will be appear on the Mclaren

The branding will be interesting whether it will be O2 to fit with the British team or Movistar - the Spanish branding

Another side note BT were planning to acquire O2 as of last week... basically Vodafone may have scored an own goal in not renewing their sponsor with Mclaren

Il_leone having seen George Russell clean up in BRDC F4 this year and jump in as a guest driver to Eurocup and hit the front straight off then I agree he's a massive talent. For that reason and that reason alone I hope he gets nowhere near an F1 seat for at the very least 5 years so as he doesn't destroy his career before starting.

Il_leone, you forgot at least two McLaren colour schemes, in 1966 the first McLaren (the M2B) ran in a white and green livery because Bruce had made a deal with the makers of the film Grand Prix to run in the colours of the Yamura team. In the 70's for races stateside the cars ran in the sponsorship colours of Labatts lager for a while.

With Saudia as their first sponsors (1977) I'm happy to take that as the Williams colours :)

As for McLaren I'd love orange but I'm with Geth and expect mostly white. Of course, if Button's driving I'll accept a dash of green too.

Do you mean this one?

Attachments

• honda-earth-car.jpg
    honda-earth-car.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 126
The evidence all points to Button.

Button's contract expires on 31st December, but mclaren have still got him doing sponsor engagements.
Button also would have no qualms in announcing his retirement on Twitter if he were being forced out- he has no reason to show any more loyalty to McLaren if that were so.

Why wouldn't Magnussen do the same? Well, he may well also be under contract, but in a testing role (which Button would not accept at this time of career)....

This is standard McLaren decision making, they use exactly the same process for their race strategy. Leaving no stone unturned saves them doing anything reckless, rash or embarrassing. ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom