McLaren Drivers In The WDC Since Raikkonen's Non-signing In Late 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I've just read through all of this and the question which comes to mind is "what's the point?".

Not to get too 606 but let's look at some facts: Kimi was booted out by Ferrari to get Alonso - ergo Ferrari think Alonso is better than Kimi. Kimi wanted way too much money to drive for McLaren (rememeber that if he signed for another team he wouldn't get his "redundancy pay off"). Given the choice of the 2009 champion, obviously a man at the absolute top of his game, and some bloke just given the boot by your biggest rivals and who looked about as interested as Mr Uninterested the uninterested person who would you choose? Button all the way for me and, as Rick will confirm, I'm far from being Button's biggest fan. His performances at McLaren have more than justified his seat (and I haven't watched the Canada race yet)

Any thanks for another circular discussion Ray, do you start those spam e-mails that you "must forward to 10 people otherwise you cat will get scurvy"?

The point is that Kimi was only interested in McLaren. And Button (i.e Jenson Button, 2009 World Driving Champion) became available at a cheaper price.

You can't really blame Mclaren for wanting to hire a driver that had just won the world championship now? So what if he was cheaper he's proved worth while since joining them and Kimi's motivation wasn't exactly their now was it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom