Max Verstappen

Been watching Max in F3 this season and he is clearly very quick and has certainly scored a few good results. His tripple win at Spa was pretty awesome.

His race craft is not the best though and I have seen him go for a few moves that could be described as 'hopeful' at best. Verstappen is one of the two stand outs in the field but is clearly behind Esteban Ocon who has been doing a great job. Ocon is only 1 year older than Verstappen and is currently in the Enstone youth programme and has already come out and sapid he plans to do GP2 or FSR 3.5 next year to gain 'more experience'

I think its way too early for Max and I think this is a deal between Daddy Jos and Mr Marko. I hope he comes good but I have my doubts.

His progress and development during the current season has been tremendously impressive. With the testing rules being as they are, he may as well do his learning in F1 as in another series - plus it's impressive that Marko continues to take these sort of risks at a time when his position must be very secure. Moving Sainz up would have been the easy, safe option.

He's started well......:givemestrength:

BwXxd6ZCQAEhOuM.jpg

Last edited:
Nah, it was an old one not in use any more. No team would be so stupid as to put a useful wing on for a promotion like this.

Or would they?

He's now ready to get his Super License, having put in 395km in testing the car.

The ironic thing is that his chief mechanic for next year said he did very well. The mechanic had previously worked with Eddie Irvine, Bruno Senna and Pastor Maldanado! If he means "did very well relative to the worthless gits I've worked with before", I might be willing to believe that.

I love the last quote in the article, where Marko says the signing is right because the team's record "with other drivers proves us right". Does he mean their drivers like Liuzzi, Speed, Bourdais, Buemi and Algersauri?

Last edited:
I presume when Marko likens him to Senna he doesn't mean will pull any dirty trick in the book to win, including driving over, into or through any other driver on the track (including his team mate) as believes himself to be omnipotent?

We could all be having a bloody good laugh about this next season or be astonished that a Toro Rosso has just won the first 9 races and we have our first rookie champion. Somehow I think the reality will be somewhere between the two.

FB - I'm expecting the Monaco GP to be red flagged just before he can win it, then to be poached by Lotus. Although Lotus are also Toleman so I'm not sure how we can square that circle. I suppose JTB drove for them too...

Back
Top Bottom