- I will do my best Murray Walker here, and confidently predict that Max Verstappen will win at the end of the season.
The reason for this is that Hamilton really hasn't had any bad luck yet this season, so we might expect at least one race for things to go badly wrong. Where things have gone wrong, he hasn't been disadvantaged to Max:
- Imola - was a lap down, and out of it, when Russell saved his race
- Azerbaijan - Max lost the race due to a tyre failure. Lewis lost the race due to an unforced switch error with the brakes.
- British GP - Hamilton was lucky not to suffer any damage in the accident that saw Verstappen out of the race
- Hungarian GP - Verstappen hit by Bottas; Hamilton lucky to avoid any incident.
- Italian GP - Verstappen took Hamilton out of the race. Both retired.
By my reckoning, without these incidents, Verstappen would be (at least) 61 points ahead of Hamilton in the championship