• Lewis Hamilton

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Max Verstappen

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

F1Brits_90

World Champion
i thought with 6 races to go & title handed out in 2 months. i thought get feel of where we think the title is going. because if your like me its been like old political swingometer. between Lewis & Max. i thought Max had it in Sochi & now I think Lewis is a big favourite

F1Brits_90 - I will do my best Murray Walker here, and confidently predict that Max Verstappen will win at the end of the season.

The reason for this is that Hamilton really hasn't had any bad luck yet this season, so we might expect at least one race for things to go badly wrong. Where things have gone wrong, he hasn't been disadvantaged to Max:
  1. Imola - was a lap down, and out of it, when Russell saved his race
  2. Azerbaijan - Max lost the race due to a tyre failure. Lewis lost the race due to an unforced switch error with the brakes.
  3. British GP - Hamilton was lucky not to suffer any damage in the accident that saw Verstappen out of the race
  4. Hungarian GP - Verstappen hit by Bottas; Hamilton lucky to avoid any incident.
  5. Italian GP - Verstappen took Hamilton out of the race. Both retired.
By my reckoning, without these incidents, Verstappen would be (at least) 61 points ahead of Hamilton in the championship

Predicting bad luck doesnt make any sense. Would be better to predict the remaining races:
USA - HAM 1, BOT 2, VER 3
Mexico - VER 1, PER 2, HAM 3
Brazil - VER 1, HAM 2
Qatar - HAM 1, VER 2
Saudi - HAM 1, BOT 2, VER 3
ABU - HAM 1, VER 2

I think HAM has a shot here given the upgraded engine.

I assume the upgraded engine is another name for the improved reliability of the Mercedes/Ilmor ICU, despite Mr Horner's little digs about where the power comes from, it was always known that Mercedes has a number of engine modes that could be used and the qualifying mode that was made redundant when the rules changed on engine modes in parc ferme to only one mode from qualifying and race.
The rules for power units this year was only for reliability, however improvements in reliability allow for higher engine modes that already exist by not taking the some or all of the reliability gained for a higher power engine mode for both qualifying and the race, this being so Mercedes will most probably fill the front row in the remaining races, should both McLaren and Aston also get the same upgrade this could seriously affect RB after pit stops should either of their cars emerge behind those cars and DRS be ineffective to RB due to high straight line speed.
Therefore due to the forgoing I expect Lewis to again be WDC, whether Mercedes have introduced the new ICU at a time Honda can't respond is pure speculation, it may be that Mercedes has only just proved the reliability at the higher mode and if Honda up there mode reliability may be a problem. :whistle:

That should read "if Honda up their mode reliability may be a problem." I'm a touch pedantic about there, their and they're, my proof reading failed :D

If Verstappen wins the title I just hope and pray it's by more than the points he was given by the FIA for nothing in Belgium.

Mercedes are making more errors this year because they are under more pressure but I have a feeling Hamilton will squeak it. I think he's a better driver than Verstappen.

F1Brits_90 - I will do my best Murray Walker here, and confidently predict that Max Verstappen will win at the end of the season.

The reason for this is that Hamilton really hasn't had any bad luck yet this season, so we might expect at least one race for things to go badly wrong. Where things have gone wrong, he hasn't been disadvantaged to Max:
  1. Imola - was a lap down, and out of it, when Russell saved his race
  2. Azerbaijan - Max lost the race due to a tyre failure. Lewis lost the race due to an unforced switch error with the brakes.
  3. British GP - Hamilton was lucky not to suffer any damage in the accident that saw Verstappen out of the race
  4. Hungarian GP - Verstappen hit by Bottas; Hamilton lucky to avoid any incident.
  5. Italian GP - Verstappen took Hamilton out of the race. Both retired.
By my reckoning, without these incidents, Verstappen would be (at least) 61 points ahead of Hamilton in the championship

Max verstappen did have Beligium & France with the strategy cock up. isn't there a rule

i am waiting for Mercedes to push that engine too far. because there is a reason why everyone else has taken a 4th unit. but mercedes at Turkey. wouldve been terrifying for Christian horner. because that reminstant of Mercedes of 2019 & 2020

but i feel that experience might win the day. Abu Dhabi is going to be massive for that as ive believed all season they will be very close, winner take all battle. he will feel the pressure at some point because every sportsman does. & we have seen huge F1 drivers crack & stop thinking clearly. Williams in 86, Prost in 88, Hill in 94, Schumacher in 97, Hamilton in 07 & 08, Button been on record he had do it in interlagos as pressure wouldve been too much in abu Dhabi. Red Bull & Ferrari in 2010 & vettel in 2012

Last edited:
I think the turn of speed of Mercedes is worrying Red Bull

If it was any other driver maybe Alonso I think Red Bull and Verstappen have got this but Hamilton will find a way.. him and Mercedes manage to overhaul Ferrari back in 2017 and 2018 when they appeared faster. They've been through it before they know how to do it

I think the turn of speed of Mercedes is worrying Red Bull

If it was any other driver maybe Alonso I think Red Bull and Verstappen have got this but Hamilton will find a way.. him and Mercedes manage to overhaul Ferrari back in 2017 and 2018 when they appeared faster. They've been through it before they know how to do it
That and let's reflect on the last race. Max was beaten by Bottas, and there was a Mercedes 1-2 in qualifying. If Bottas can beat Max, then there is a possibility of Mercedes 1-2 finishes in the remaining races, and there is little possibility of a Red-Bull 1-2. This could be a key factor.

on P1 point i would guess at
USA - Lewis 1st Max 2nd ----Max 280.5 Lewis 281.5
Mexico - Max 1st Lewis 3rd - Max 305.5 Lewis 296.5
Brazil - Max 1st Lewis 2nd -- Max 330.5 Lewis 314.5
Qatar - Lewis 1st Max 2nd -- Max 348.5 Lewis 339.5
Saudi - Lewis 1st Max 2nd -- Max 366.5 Lewis 364.5

season finale is impossible to predict

I’m assuming that neither Verstappen or Hamilton will finish in the top 3 in qualifying in Brazil, to get extra points judging by your points predictions.

I’m assuming that neither Verstappen or Hamilton will finish in the top 3 in qualifying in Brazil, to get extra points judging by your points predictions.
i forgot about the sprint race. but then the last one was best forgotten. & considering they are both yet to finish on a sunday following a sprint race. maybe they should be DNF DNF LOL

but we'll go lewis nick pole in sprint & max will win the race.
max 368.5 lewis 367.5

Last edited:
So far Perez hasn't figured much in the top results. If that continues I can see the Mercs getting one-twos in the Merc circuits and Hamilton getting second at all the Red Bull circuits leaving Hamilton winning by at least 10 points.

So far Perez hasn't figured much in the top results. If that continues I can see the Mercs getting one-twos in the Merc circuits and Hamilton getting second at all the Red Bull circuits leaving Hamilton winning by at least 10 points.
Agree. Hopefully this win will motivate Bottas to more second places.

Everytime Karen Horner opens his mouth the exact opposite happens...he said Verstappen is the toughest challenge the other week and he is not fazed...yet the other Hamilton was desperate to pass him to get a lap and he decided to do a one finger salute ,race him down the first corner and call him."stupid idiot!"

Then why did he race him down the first corner

Back
Top Bottom