Lewis in private talks with Christian Horner

Who will Lewis be driving for in 2013

• Total voters
When I saw who he had signed up with my first thought was that he had taken a step onto the slippery slope.

I can sort of understand why a driver might want a manager, but I can't understand why a driver would want a manger of celebrities.

Steady Eddie?
Well Ramilas I hope you don't have his dress sense.
Oh, how very, very, very dare you? LOL apologies to Catherine Tate!

Eddie, like my good self, doesn't give a flying wotsit what other people think of his dress sense.

Several girlfriends, and now a 2nd wife, have often despaired at what I would choose to wear but, as I've told them all, I'll wear what is comfortable rather than what is the current fashion, fad or trend!

Oh. Can't think why anyone would want to support him, but each to their own I suppose.

That comment, sir, deserves a topic all of its own and now its got one! .... btw, inspirational and no offence taken!!:thumbsup:
http://cliptheapex.com/threads/who-...and-why-not-who-was-the-best.2992/#post-58352

NOTE ........ this was the reply I intended to post hours ago, but then got side-tracked into doing the alternative thread, eating dinner, having a beer, watching a bit of telly, walking back out of rooms after forgetting why I'd walked into them, all that sort of stuff ...... finally remembered just now. :yes:

Heartbreaking ? Don't you mean funny ?

No, be it with his reputation he is still arguably the best driver in history and his return bar with a inferior car would have been far more encouraging had he got a podium.

Love him or hate him most would have felt that a podium would have been well deserved.

Ill believe it, when Hamilton is wearing a deep purple/dark blue overalls with a giant RedBull logo on it. If he is in talks then its a risque move for him, McLaren are hardly that far from Rebull, if he was drvinig for Williams now and not McLaren it would make more sense. These things tend to go in cycles and although Redbull have at or near the top for th past 2/3 years it doesn't mean they will be by 2013, so much can happen, RBR could simply lose form McLaren could find that missing link in the enginerring/desgin department. Newey could retire from F1 to his boats, and leave RBR in the in the lurch a little, he seems to condsider it every couple of years and who knows it he might actually do it and it wouldn't be easy to replace him.

Playing Devils advocate a little, If today Hamilton announces a move to RBR for 2013, would be out of blind luck of things working out, or an educated guess? I suspect the former.

If it was me, and lets face it what do i know, If i was looking to change to a better team. I would look at who has the best infostructure for next season and not try and predict what it will be a couple of years time.

I think Lewis should look at the previous drivers who joined and left MClaren in a huff after realising the grass was not as green on the other side

2005 Montoya - he was already signed by the end of 2003 because he felt Williams robbed him of a win in France that year . Mclaren were suppose to be the team to have harnessed his aggressive edge with a bit more finesse but he simply never settled
For a start he injured his elbow / shoulder playing tennis and when he did get his chance he kept making those amateurish errors and followed by an indifferent 2006 season where him and Kimi were fighting for the seat to be Alonso's partner
The only available option was RED BULL which DC vetoed..disillusioned with the politics he signed for Nascar in 2007 and Ron had no option but to terminate his contract

2007 Alonso- signed for Mclaren by the end of 2005 because he was unsure of Renault's commitment beyond 2006. He noticed from the first few races that Hamilton was not simply prepared to be No 2 and Ron was not gonna hold Lewis back either. Things intensified from Hungary and needless to say he is still sulking to this day and could well be sitting on 5 world titles . He left MClaren to join Renault because he would prefer No 1 status rather than a team with better prospects despite having to race his teammate

Back
Top Bottom