Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

Hamilton unlike a few multi win WDC's hasn't relied on No.1 status and team orders to win, Schumacher, Fangio, Vettel had No1 status, the so called most complete driver on the grid, Alonso used No.1 status, Hamilton and Clark both had team mates who had their chances to beat them in equal machinery whether or not it was the best machinery, they both were No.1 by being quicker than their teammates therefore earning a No.1 status, not a contractual No.1

And despite all this, there are many people who leave comments like
"Yes, put anyone in Hamilton's place and he will win the championship"...
i thought think that is your fan that's doesnt watch F1 as closely as us. they watch a few races. they will probably see in the media that Hamilton won a race without watching the race & assume that it was a cake walk. when as ive said before the weekend. if lewis was at a different team Mercedes are no where near the same level of dominance. we might come into a season where Vettel won a 5th in 2018 & leclerc in 2019

Hamilton: ‘Older drivers have a bee in their bonnet about me – maybe one day they ‘ll get over it’​

“In 20 years’ time, whatever it is, when I’m looking back, I can promise you this: I will not be talking down any young driver that’s coming through and succeeding."

Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF

iI love the hypocrisy of these 2 statements from jackie Stewart & as Lewis Hamilton said to Stirling moss..driver good now might have been terrible in 50/60s

But the remarkable technical superiority of Mercedes has provided Hamilton with a seemingly "unfair" advantage according to the Scot, an edge his famous contemporaries never really enjoyed.

Fangio] drove in such a way, it was quite extraordinary – he would choose Ferrari, and then he would think 'well Maserati next year might be good', so he never did more than a one-year contract.
"And then he drove for Mercedes-Benz and won two world championships with them, because they were the best cars in the world at that time.

is there a rule that says if you hugely influential in how F1 is now after taking charge in the 70s

you have to ruin that in last 10 yrs. as bernie & JYS are following paths

could Lewis Hamilton do the unthinkable & leave. because his contract runs out in 2 months & i have no idea why he hasnt signed yet. because would not want to stay

him & his physio is it just me that thinks that unusual releationship. i seen some drivers have a close relationship with physio, like kimi & jenson. but never seen them follow them to the stewards or fist pumping the mechanics in the garage, when they gets pole. its troubled me last few months

him & his physio is it just me that thinks that unusual releationship. i seen some drivers have a close relationship with physio, like kimi & jenson. but never seen them follow them to the stewards or fist pumping the mechanics in the garage, when they gets pole. its troubled me last few months
Why does it matter? Angela Cullen seems to be the key person who Hamilton engages with in the team, and if Hamilton left Mercedes, I shouldn't be surprised to see her follow him.

I think I'd be worried if there was an explicit exploitation of the power relationship between the two - I do get a little annoyed when I see her pushing his scooter, then he jumps on and she runs after him...

Why does it matter? Angela Cullen seems to be the key person who Hamilton engages with in the team, and if Hamilton left Mercedes, I shouldn't be surprised to see her follow him.

I think I'd be worried if there was an explicit exploitation of the power relationship between the two - I do get a little annoyed when I see her pushing his scooter, then he jumps on and she runs after him...

it just stick out to me. ive never seen this, im used to these being in background. even racing driver parents like jos verstappen don't get this involved.

Today is the 12th Anniversary of when Lewis Hamilton won his 1st World Championship.Is that Glock?View attachment 14043

still remember like it was yesterday. it is a strange one considering my 2 no1 sports football & F1. extremely rare i get football nerves or cheer . but that i did that day still remember Anthony Hamilton pacing the floor because so was i. because until Hamilton 9yrs in. this was a sport that brits didnt win at. i think i remember 3 victorious moments between 98 - 06 hill spa win JB imola pole & hungary win. (dont ask DC didnt do it for me) then here was Hamilton & all i thought in those last 10 laps. was oh no he's going to fall at final hurdle again

hard to believe its the same wait for an F1 title as from that day to this season. from Hill 96 to Hamilton 08. as Hamilton 08 & erm Hamilton 20

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom