Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

Just a thought on racing in other series, most F1 drivers have restrictions in their contracts about what they can and can't do away from the track. Patrick Depailler missed the second half of the '79 season following a hang glider accident and Robert Kubica ****ed his career up in a rally car. It's not surprising that the teams want to protect one of their most significant assets. Although there's a few on the current grid who should probably be actively encouraged to race in other series, Lewis' butler for one.

....have been beaten by two teammates....
Are you seriously?
So to concede points in one of the four seasons to objectively competitive opponents is to be beaten?
This is ridiculous...
What can we say about the great Schumacher, who for three seasons could not oppose anything to Rosberg
and lost to him on all indicators.

Which is not really surprising as most in their early seasons would be beaten by their team mates, as experience grows the more bullish no.1 drivers usually have an influence on who their teammates are, in the case of Rosberg Lewis had no choice Rosberg was already in place, with Jenson it was an error as Lewis thought he was much better than Jenson, he probably was but Jenson's experience allowed him to get one over on him.

It always seems to be that whatever record Lewis Hamilton breaks there always has to be some sort of caveat involved. He’s in the best car, he teammate is rubbish, put him in a Williams and see how he gets on,anyone can win in a Mercedes.
I think that FB hit the nail on the head that Lewis Hamilton will be the greatest of all time,as his race wins and Championships will be greater than any other driver in history.

this is why for me he has outperformed his car even in the recent history for mercedes & proving his huge quality. (this going to be poteinally controversial) because i believe the dominance is a perfect storm mercedes without hamilton, for example Bottas & Ocon. dont win the certainly last 2 drivers titles maybe last 3. maybe this bottas under performing & hamilton over performing, making the gap seem bigger because it was hamilton dragging that car to victories it shouldn't be. look at spa 2019. ferrari were comfortably the class of the field. but pushed them every bit of the way. 2018 hamilton took 11 wins & poles in car that his teammate came 5th in with 2 poles & 0 wins

also its not to be sniffed at that he has won a race in every season he has raced which in some season ie 2007, 2009 2011 2012 2013 is an achievement, either through a dreadful car or far superior opposition

I'm glad to see that Hamilton is opposed to there being a new circuit at Rio. That is supposed to be an environmentally friendly circuit, but as Hamilton has pointed out that it would mean cutting down a lot of trees. I assume that there will be a lot of digging and building as well.

... with Jenson it was an error as Lewis thought he was much better than Jenson, he probably was but Jenson's experience allowed him to get one over on him.
Yes... Let's compare
1602249790755.png

And it is "to get one over on him"?
yeah

I don't know how anyone could confidently state that anyone is definitely the greatest driver of all time. Using career stats is a nonsense: Hamilton has started 260 races for his 90 wins. Fangio would have had to be racing into 1976 to clock up that many championship starts.

Even comparing a driver to his peers is a tricky business, since (obviously) sometimes you'll get a good crop of drivers, and sometimes through luck or circumstances, less so. Schumacher, to put it baldly, benefited hugely from Senna's death in terms of the results he was then able to achieve in 1994-95, and there are other historical examples.

I think the current trend is to manipulate the stats in such a way that what ever happens it comes out that Hamilton is not the greatest.

To that end I'm using a stat looking at drivers with most wins who looked like Graham Hill.

Unfortunately for Graham, that makes Dick Dastardly the greatest motor racer of all time.

Strangely, Lewis Hamilton comes out 5th.

😂😂

Jackie Stewart was once quoted as saying that a top F1 driver should win 1 in 4 of the races they take part in. This is probably motivated, in part, by his own win to race ratio. Anyway, Lewis is winning 1 in 3 which must make him very much better than JYS. He's ahead of Jim Clark on that ratio and only bested by Juan-Manuel Fangio.

There was unbelivable that anybody could reach to Schumacher records 10 years before
it would be like people predicting verstappen or leclerc to surpass schumacher records you wouldnt say that they were ridiculous. but huge congrats to him. because its 1 thing to have the best car & its another to consistency week in week out as we know he's won in every season. if it was easy bottas would be 6-7 a season. but there a reason why hamilton is beating bottas 38-9

it would be like people predicting verstappen or leclerc to surpass schumacher records you wouldnt say that they were ridiculous. but huge congrats to him. because its 1 thing to have the best car & its another to consistency week in week out as we know he's won in every season. if it was easy bottas would be 6-7 a season. but there a reason why hamilton is beating bottas 38-9
And despite all this, there are many people who leave comments like
"Yes, put anyone in Hamilton's place and he will win the championship"...

Back
Top Bottom