Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

on Il_leone point as ive mentioned before at the highest level you cant keep sport out of politics its impossible

but on Hamilton i might be wrong but im struggling to think of a controversial act he has done like the other 4+ world champions of last 35 years. his 2 awkward times with Alonso & Rosberg was more the other side of the garage playing the mind games to get an advantage

Lewis doesn't really need to play games, he just drives faster than his teammate.
spot on. mind games for me have always been a weakness in every situation bar probally sir alex at man utd. it shows that you think your worse than your rival & your insecure

Do you remember how for years this forum (and 606) were flooded with accusations of Martin Whitmarsh hating Lewis Hamilton and being a racist? The two disliked each other, Whitmarsh tried to get rid of him and was in love with Jenson?

All a load of balonie wasn't it?

RasputinLives the only thing I could think of that would be crazier is if someone suggested that the FIA used the Covid-19 pandemic as an excuse to hand Mercedes another 12 months advantage over the rest of the F1 field but I realised that suggestion would be so rediculous no one would come up with it.

Yeah that would literally be the craziest thing.

By the way guys I'm sorry I've not been around the forum that much recently. Government gave me a call to see if I could sort out a cure for covid so been locked in the lab advising all the top scientist.

Unless the conclusion of The Hamilton Commission is that he should give all his money Jenson to decide what to do with it, then we will all know which side his bread's buttered.

Do you remember how for years this forum (and 606) were flooded with accusations of Martin Whitmarsh hating Lewis Hamilton and being a racist? The two disliked each other, Whitmarsh tried to get rid of him and was in love with Jenson?

That was some of the biggest baloney about McLaren conspiring against their investment🙄:crazy::facepalm:that degenerated on 606

RasputinLives the only thing I could think of that would be crazier is if someone suggested that the FIA used the Covid-19 pandemic as an excuse to hand Mercedes another 12 months advantage over the rest of the F1 field but I realised that suggestion would be so rediculous no one would come up with it.
Jean Todt might have if he was still Ferrari boss and he definitely would have found a way to avoid being handicapped on the engine

they are nutters on the internet. talking rubbish

shocked mr bean GIF

but Toto Wolff was desperate to break Ferrari record, he forged ferrari engine details to make illegal & sent it to the FIA. to get rid of the competion. then on business trip last November he broke into a chinese lab. & started the pandemic. so that Hamilton can get his 8th title in 2021

i dont deny that they are both similar they were both dominant & took advantage, as many drivers have proven just because you have a fast car doesnt mean its going to be successful. but the difference between the era at ferrari. they wouldnt allow the teammate to win. bottas just isnt good enough

also take your pick on Schumacher controversy & his cheating

Building a rating from pilots of different generations is a very thankless task.
After all, the drivers raced in completely different conditions and circumstances.
And Bernie as always in his repertoire.
It may be thinking that Schumacher one in his generation raced in not in the conditions in which Hamilton is now racing.
And Hamilton is the only one who is getting reports on the radio about the condition of the tires and so on.

True, Bernie is not unique.
A few days earlier, the respected Jackie Stewart spoke, predictably saying that
Hamilton's achievements are nothing special and he is far from Fangio and Clark and Senna.
As a proof, banal things were given: there were much fewer races in the season then than now,
and the opponents were cooler then...
Of course, Stewart has a huge life experience and achievements.
It's hard to argue here. But the rationale for comparing pilots of different generations is still controversial.
First of all, 20 - 22 races in the F1 season in my opinion is significantly harder than 6-7 in the time of Fangio.
And secondly, most of the current drivers start racing in karts from a very young age and
on the way to F1 become Champions in the Junior formula's series.
But in the days of Fangio and Clark, the competition might have been an age-old driver
who had started racing only a few years ago.

Stewart: F1 titles and wins don't put Hamilton on level of Clark, Fangio​

Back
Top Bottom