Lewis contract situation

I thought the driver & team typically got one copy each of the (WDC) trophies? Not sure why this is in my head but I'm sure I read it somewhere.

Yeah I can't stand it when they go on telly and they've got the bloody thing hanging round their neck, christ most of them look embarrassed by having to do so...

And most of them are thinking about the millions of dollars that may be headed their way because of that little piece of metal.

the longer Hamilton does not sign .. the greater the rumours that Ferrari might offer him a deal will surface possibly nearer $40m..

he was quoted that he can only draw a comparison against Vettel if they were in the same team allegedly

I just read this as well today
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/32487250

Now the fact that Kimi has to show that he is worth his place in the team leaves a carrot being dangled

I was thinking if Hamilton goes then who replaces him at Mercedes given Ron Dennis has come out and said Alonso has not get out clause at Mclaren...surely not Kimi?

Rosberg is not happy getting beat all the time so I am expecting a serious flash point coming up between the two drivers which could divide the team .

the longer Hamilton does not sign .. the greater the rumours that Ferrari might offer him a deal will surface possibly nearer $40m..

With a haircut, and with a clean shaven face, Lewis doesn't look too bad in red, but for now I really hope that it doesn't happen.

th.jpg

The nature of any contract negotiation would suggest that its the difficult to agree bits that are left hanging at the end.....so why would you expect them to be resolved quickly.....

More time will put pressure on one side or the other to capitulate...and if I were Ham and I was winning 3 of 4 and leading the WDC handsomely from my teammate I'd see that as putting pressure on Merc to agree to my terms ESPECIALLY if Ferrari were not set on the second driver yet...

He's playing a sound game.

Really would Merc drop him to put in Alonso - a huge buy out clause to McLaren no doubt and absolutely no guarantee he'd be better than Hamilton...and how much harder would it be for Merc to beat Ferrari with LH and SV at the wheel.....

My bet is he gets what he wants from Merc and the top guys all stay where they are for the next season at least. (mind you a catalyst for mid order change (i.e. Alonso to Williams) could be just how crap the McLaren /Honda is by Brazil)

Indeed it was per year Il_leone.

Don't know if this is true put according to wiki Vettel is earning $80m a year at Ferrari. :o

I only have to work 4.444 years to get that salary.

Don't know if this is true put according to wiki Vettel is earning $80m a year at Ferrari. :o

I only have to work 4.444 years to get that salary.

Nahhh you will have to work longer than that cause you have to pay tax and Ni etc ; Vettel will be paying none of that. After all if its good enough for our Premier league footballers its good enough for him...

With a haircut, and with a clean shaven face, Lewis doesn't look too bad in red, but for now I really hope that it doesn't happen.

View attachment 9601
Nothing would be better for Hamilton's reputation and place in F1 as one of the sports true greats than to win with Ferrari and become the only driver other than Fangio to win the title in three different makes of car, especially if he beat Vettel to achieve it.

whilst understand Lewis' situation.. at the moment the odds are stacked in his favour....I am waiting for the timebomb moment when Mercedes implode because Rosberg will do something stupid that will divide the team beyond repair which is when his contract situation gets interesting if he has not signed by then

If Rosberg does something stupid he already knows which way the cards will fall....and its not in his favour.

I'd be pretty sure his contract would have something in it about the team being the employer and him the employee so "do what we tell you" ; the moment he is in breach of that he becomes very vulnerable....Who else would take him on the same money as he is now? Who else would take him knowing he would not always follow team instructions?

Rosberg has to beat Ham fair and square and if he can't he needs to gracefully accept the role of a wing man.

IMO Hamilton was designated the No. 1 driver the moment he signed his contract. I can't think of any management team in any sport that would risk the lower-paid athlete to out-perform the higher paid because it would make it appear that the managers had their heads where the sun doesn't shine. The mega-egos that permeate F1 make that sport even more of a poster-boy for such a mentality than most.

Back
Top Bottom