Current Lance Stroll

The Artist.....

Champion Elect
Il_leone

Given Paddy Lowe has taken charge of the technical side at Williams, I could see them being a force to be reckoned with next season; Alonso could be willing to take a place there - particularly if, as you say, they offer him a number 1 seat.

We know, for instance, that Button was offered a drive at Williams for 2017...

Rutherford

Podium Finisher
Massa has had two DNF's in the last two races and Stroll was about 0.3 sec. per lap slower than Massa today.
Let's not get overly excited.

Il_leone

Champion Elect
Stroll did outqualify Massa though so if he starts building this momentum I think Williams need to make sure they have a stronger driver pairing than the one now

F1Brits_90

Race Winner
delighted Stroll held on for that podium. i was willing him on in those final laps. well documented it been tough start to his career but i thought he drove brilliantly not just today but all weekend. as i cant think of another driver that had a clean weekend alongside him. this dangerous liability was keeping his head while everyone else was losing theres

Last edited:

Rutherford

Podium Finisher
delighted Stroll held on for that podium. i was willing him on in those final laps. well documented it been tough start to his career but i thought he drove brilliantly not just today but all weekend. as i cant think of another driver that had a clean weekend alongside him. this dangerous liability was keeping his head while everyone else was losing theres
He hasn't crashed in Monaco (apart from FP1), Canada and Azerbaijan must give credit were credits due. Those are not easy tracks and he's handled it brilliantly.

RasputinLives

Leave me alone I'm on Smoko
Contributor
Greenlantern101 I was thinking about you saying that as I was watching the race.

Good job Lance. A true Johnny Herbert impression - head down and let the others make he mistakes.

Also good sign of a racer that his first reaction was to be gutted Bottas got him on the line.

teabagyokel

#dejavu
Valued Member
The whole thing reads as a total self-justification of a narcissist. Rather than commenting on the Azerbaijan Grand Prix, it was more a case of Jacques Villeneuve on why Jacques Villeneuve was right all along, and why absolutely no-one can accuse Jacques Villeneuve of being wrong.

I say we lock him and Eddie Irvine in a room somewhere where they can be 'outspoken' at each other ad infinitum.

Il_leone

Champion Elect
Its funny how Jacques Villeneuve can be so critical given he got his chance in f1 because Bernie wanted to use his Dad's name to market the sport and the only to do that was to get him in top car :whistle:

RasputinLives

Contributor
I was expecting the article to end with "needless to say I had the last laugh" ala Alan Partridge.

Rutherford

Podium Finisher
The whole thing reads as a total self-justification of a narcissist. Rather than commenting on the Azerbaijan Grand Prix, it was more a case of Jacques Villeneuve on why Jacques Villeneuve was right all along, and why absolutely no-one can accuse Jacques Villeneuve of being wrong.

I say we lock him and Eddie Irvine in a room somewhere where they can be 'outspoken' at each other ad infinitum.
Don't forget to lock Fernando Webber into the room... can't believe how obnoxious he has become since becoming a reporter...

RasputinLives

Contributor
Lance Stroll is the youngest driver ever ever to start on for front row of the grid ever. This also makes him the youngest driver ever to have the shortest walk to the national anthems, the youngest driver ever to climb into his car on 2ND place on the grid and the youngest driver ever to be interviewed having qualified 2ND on the grid.

F1 likes to make a big deal of records now days.

Anyways well done on a pretty good weekend at Monza to Lance (it did go a bit Pete tong when he flat spotted those tyres near the end)

Top Bottom