1. If you can see this message then you are on the new server.

The site is now available via a secure URL: https://cliptheapex.com

Dismiss Notice

Current Lance Stroll

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by RasputinLives, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Titch

Titch Champion Elect Premium Contributor

2. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Lance is growing on me, a bit like a verruca!

3. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Not dead Contributor

I Don't really have evidence because you can't really evidence it but I've watched Vandorne through four formulas and seen him progress and dominate everyone he was in. I've seen him command in the best machinery and I've seen him push awful machinery to places it shouldn't go. I've seen some great speed and performance from Max but I've seen nothing like the consistency of results and performance I've seen from Vandoorne. Max is the more exciting driver but it doesn't mean he is better. Comparing them in F1 is pointless due to the difference in machinery but I think of it like this:

If I wanted a driver to entertain and bring in sponsors then I'd go for Max. If I wanted a driver to bring the car home for consistent quality results than I'd go for Vandoorne. I'm sure I'm in the minority in this view.

Bringing it back to topic on Stroll he is more of the consistent type. Also if you look at his career it's always taken him a season to get to grips with a formula and then he aces it on the year after. So we'll see what he does next year and judge him on that I reckon.

Edit - just realised I put 'majority in this view' when I meant minority! :facepalm:

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    Titch and teabagyokel like this.
  4. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Seriously if Williams are going to pick Massa again for next year , Stroll needs to bury him not literally otherwise he should not be in F1. My feeling is Toto will push for Wehrlein to replace Massa and offer Williams another discount on the engines to be Stroll's teammate unless off course in typical Williams fashion they pick the most conservative option and go for someone like DI Resta

5. RasputinLives

Yeah he needs to bury him the way Schumacher, Rakionnen and Bottas buried him.

teabagyokel and Titch like this.
  6. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Oh dear, Lance is getting a kicking on the 5Live coverage because he's slower than Felipe and not improving in the way expected. For those interested in these things, Stroll has a 3 year contract and is paying for the drive (well durr!) but the amount Williams will receive drops by $5 million a year (so it has been reported)

7. Rutherford

Rutherford Podium Finisher

So 75$ Mio. next year. Sounds like a good deal. I hope he doesn't forget his hat on the way out in 2019. :goodday:

8. Rutherford

He fully deserves the kicking and Williams have earned one too, because Stroll hasn't improved at all. He's had several private test sessions throughout the season, even on tracks like Austin and Suzuka, yet he was no closer to Massa on those tracks.

Williams.png

9. Rutherford

Stroll has given himself a rating of 8.5 out of 10. https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/106/stroll-i-ve-had-a-good-season/

Does anyone remember what Verstappen habe himself after his first season? 8 out of 10.

One driver either suffers from hubris and the other of a lack of confidence or they aren’t using the same scale.
    Verstappen could‘ve driven on Massa‘s level in 2015.
    Stroll spent time in Italian F4 and two seasons in F3, thus has quite a bit more experience than Verstappen when he joined F1.

10. RasputinLives

11. Rutherford

Is that an allegory representing Strolls struggles to find pace?
    Good choice.:goodday:

12. Rutherford

Saw this on a Reddit thread about drivers that don’t get the credit they deserve:
    LOL

Il_leone likes this.
  13. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

If Lance Stroll gets blown away by Sirotkin this season then he should not be in F1 as Jacques Villeneuve would say

14. RasputinLives

Lance Stroll has apparently written a letter to the FIA asking if they can race at Azerbaijan every week.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
    teabagyokel likes this.
  15. gethinceri

gethinceri Daniil Kvyat Fan. Alfa Romeo Fan. Contributor

Exactly how does one Azerbaijan?

RasputinLives likes this.
  16. RasputinLives

Well you put your left leg in......

Ok. Edited so joke makes sense

17. gethinceri

But your edit now means that it doesn't make sense.

18. RasputinLives

It means your joke doesn't make sense but my original one does. Meaning you look daft not me.

Simpsons_nelson_haha-1.jpg

Only now I've explain it everyone knows I messed it up in the first place.

1gsq.gif

teabagyokel likes this.
  19. gethinceri

I can make myself look a dick on my own, thanks.

20. RasputinLives

We have that in commom.

gethinceri likes this.

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice