Karting

Hi all

COMPETITION COMING SOON - DESIGN MY RACE-SUIT!

I have decided to run a competition on here to design my race-suit. I have some investigation to do into where and how I can get a custom design made and what the cost implications are but I am decided that I would like your input. In the next couple of days I will start a new thread with some templates for the suit pattern and helmet along with instructions and some assets (CTA logos, primary colours and my own logos).

I think it would be really fun to get you guys involved. the winner will also get some signage on the suit along the lines of "Designed by [CTA Username]".

What are your initial thoughts before I set this all up? Good idea?

I think in order to stand out you should definitely go for a yellow helmet, with perhaps, oh I don't know, some green and blue thrown in just to add some colour ;)
As for the suit, you could go down the replica route, get a McLaren (for example) suit and change the real sponsors names for your own. That's probably what i'd do to be honest, although at the same time being fully aware that I may attract comments along the lines of 'tosser'. I'd be happy though and that's all that counts :)

The colour scheme will need to be Green and Black to match my company logo which looks like this:

logo.png

or like this

UserCentrixLogo.png

It will also need to incorporate the CTA logo

logo.png

I hope that's not too restrictive. I'll pop the competition up in the next two days on it's own thread but this will give anoyone who's feeling creative a starting point.

Can't wait to see what people come up with, providing that the idea is of interest to people. I'll share the competition outside of the community, too, so hopefully it will drive some relevant traffic to CTA as a bonus.

If I remember rightly McLaren were doing a design a race suit competiton last season during qualifying. I'm pretty sure some images of those race suits were uploaded somewhere on this site. If we can track them down I'm pretty sure I can turn them into a blank template for use with your competition.

I'll need to choose a supplier and then will post the templates that they provide.

Here is an example: http://www.awesomeracesuits.com/suits/elite.html

For each suit, there are a set of standard templates. This is the only supplier I have looked at, following a quick Google search. I'll nail this down before I officially launch the competition. I may try to wangle a deal from the suppliers too if I feel I can get them enough exposure through different channels.

In addidition to waiting in the wings for cancellations in the Club100 Heavyweight Sprint Championship, I have just booked myself in for the rest of the Club100 60-Minute Challenge season as a one-man team.

http://www.club100.co.uk/open.htm

Hopefully some valuable track-time in prep for my 2012 campaign where I will be entering all rounds in the sprints. Two of the remaining four rounds are at Bayford and I was pretty quick there in the sprints two weeks ago. I will be looking to do well. What is encouraging is that I managed 62 laps in a 60 minute practice session without falling off.

I honestly just can't get enough of this!

I'll get on with that race-suit competition soon, too. It will happen. You'll just need to bear with me for now as I'm rather drowning in work and social engagements.

Hmm, so, along with the tunnel vision problem of the bloke kissing his steering wheel, there are two other things wrong there. Poor design of pit exit onto straight and the chap exiting pit lane fails to take a glance over his shoulder. Recipe for disaster if ever the was one. Maybe, someone should tell the circuit manager and his race director to take a look at F1 for a few a tips.

How strange that I should look back at the site on this day, Jos the Boss

I have been taking a little sabatical from this site after an altercation with one of the members which did not sit well with me. I won't go into details, but I'm about ready to re-engage.

This will now be a helmet design competition. Give me half an hour and I'll post something up. I've got some interesting news to post in the Williams thread, too, which will give you a very unique chance to contribute to the activities of one of our favourite and most historical F1 teams.

Before I kick off the helmet comp, here is a quick update on my karting progress:

I am now running in Club100 60 Minute Challenge as well in the Sprints in order to maximise my track time in my first year of active motorsport. The calibre of driver that I am pitted against is a lot higher than I normally find myself on track with in the sprints due to the difference in classes and classifications. I'm making progress al the time. Still some rookie mistakes but am getting better and better.

I also had the privilege of getting a place on a 24 hour team with some very talented young drivers in the British 24hr in Teeside. This was an absolutely amazing experience. After our 2nd stint we suffered mechanical issues and fell from 4th in class to dead last of 26 other teams in the club-hire class and 7 laps down. We charged through the night, banging in consistent laps and extending our stints and had managed to pull ourselves place by place all the way back to 5th in class. We finished in this position, with a buffer of two laps behind and in front of us which allowed us to have a bit of fun towards the end of the race. The position overall was 21st of 67 runners with only four of our class ahead of us and the rest being made up of Pro and Club owner-driver teams. We were elated with our performance when the chequered flag waved at midday after 24 hrs and 3 mins.

Cheers Sushi. Have been burning my eyes with on-boards on my GoogleTV all morning. I'll let you know my quickest lap when I get back later. Looks a very tight circuit. A lot slower and twistier than the others I have been to so far, I think. I'm hoping this will suit my driving style. We shall see.

Yeah, it's more like an indoor track in terms of making the most out of a relatively small space. That means you get more hairpins, which were always my enemy. Because it's a bit shorter and simpler I found it easier to get a rhythm around it though so I suspect you'll do quite well!

If it's been raining there at any point in the last few weeks, beware of getting anywhere near the grass in the middle of the track. It's more like a swamp. One of the days I was there there was a pretty big pile-up at the first corner because someone had dragged a bit of mud and water on to the track leading up to it. Someone's pristine Porshce parked near the tyre barrier on the exit of the first corner changed to a nice brown colour after that LOL .

Great session. First time here and the laps were a good example of linear progression. Kept it on the black stuff for the entire session, which I ran in two halves. You are so right about it feeling like an indoor track. I thought that at the end of the first lap. Love this place. Hoping to be competitive on Sunday. Rythm is good. Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

[Not going to be turning any Porsches brownwith any luck]

Laps attached.

Attachments

• Photo 2012-09-14 19.49.38.jpg
    Photo 2012-09-14 19.49.38.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 100
Back
Top Bottom