Karting

Unfortunately I won't be at Bayford, may still try and get to an event or two over the summer but I need to get moving and figure out plans etc.

They are all booked up. I'm on the reserve list for the rest of the races. I'd get on them too. They will always contact you if a spot comes up and you can either opt in or out. It would be cool to meet a fellow clipper at a race meet.

Ah, ok, I'll see then, I might try and find some alternative then. There's a lot I need to buy and it might not be worth it if I'm not going to be able to do much considering I'll be abroad again in April next year.

They do an evening championship at Bayford Meadows. It's one Thursday evening of every month through the summer in twin engine pro-karts.

Hour long races and you can either compete as an individual or as a two man team. I'm going to start having a look into it. You just need to turn u with arms and legs and the race fee. All the kit is provided. Let me grab a link for you...

Cheers, Bayford is about a 3hr drive away from me so not really something I want to be doing on a regular basis though. I might investigate whether something similar happens at one of the circuits a bit closer to me, like Whilton Mill, Rye House or Clay Pigeon.

Ah yes. That's quite mission to run round for an hour. I've got nothing particularly loca except the indoor corporate tracks. Trying to figure out where is going to be my "local" track. Somewhere in Kent I reckon.

Yep. People tell me that it's the best circuit on the calendar and it appears twice. I hope to get into the second race. Missed the first as I joined part way through the season and now am waiting for a dropout to get in the next. I'll book up every race next year.

Buck more, despite not being particularly local, could well end up being my local.

I'm on the Kent border between Crystal Palace and Beckenham.

Yeah, yeah! Come to Buckmore Park! A stones throw from my place. Just think I could do a genuine track-side report for Rooters!:D I could slag off your cmpetition ... in the nicest possible way ;)

I had a good showing in testing which is very encouraging for today's Club100 race at Bayford Meadows. I completed 62 laps without falling off once and my times got consistently better and better right to the end. My best time was a 54.9 which was my only dip into the 54s. Best lap of the day was a 53.5 so I'm still just under 1.4 seconds off the ultimate pace. Still, if I can drive as well today as I did on Friday then it should be a decent step up the grid.

Keep you fingers crossed for me, Clippers! Reprazentin'!!

Club100 Race Report - Bayford Meadows 2012

Bitter-sweet weekend for me at Bayford Meadows. 62 laps on Friday setting very competitive times (faster than fastest race lap on Sunday). No crashes and consistent improvement. Qualified 20th for pre-final in the pouring rain (first time in the wet). Improved my qualification to a fantastic 11th in the pre-final moving up 9 places. In the final moved up to 8th after two corners and then locked up on late braking and spun trying a double overtake for 6th place on turn-3. Fell back to 24th (dead-last) and then fought my way back up to 15th narrowly missing out on 14th at the finish-line. Could have been an amazing result were it not for an over zealous mistake but I leave the track encouraged that I have the pace and ability to reach the podium and step up a class in the near future.

All in all, a promising outlook after my second time out in 2-strokes.

ExtremeNinja
Sounds like the adrenaline was maxed out:o
It must have been a brilliant experience & Great result considering what you went thru..'Never give up':thumbsup:

My nephew raced Karts at same time as LH...best claim to fame a 5th in a race that Lewis won.
Don't know if he still races, but he did travel all over mainland & Ireland

Wow. That's pretty damn cool. I don't think I'm going to be alongside any future F1 contenders but there are some great drivers. Cheers for the support. I'm going to get my own racesuit soon and I'll get some CTA logos on there if Brogan can supply me with the images. I'll look at them before I jump in the kart and imagine you guys cheering me on.

Sounds great ExtremeNinja.

The logo isn't much to shout about but if you give me an idea of dimensions, etc. I'll see what I can do.

Send me the details in a conversation.

Back
Top Bottom