Karting

Cheers Fenders. I've got a little forking out to do. Must definitely get a helmet-cam. I was also the only guy without his own kit and that just won't do. My knackered old vans plimsoles looked a bit odd amongst a sea of Alpine Stars race boots.

So, shopping list:

Helmet
Race-suit
Under-suit
Boots
Gloves
Helmet-cam

I doubt any of this will make me go faster , though. I've now got 7 weeks of watching Bay Meadows on-boards on You Tube.

If you want priorities I would go: Helmet, (rib protector), gloves, boots, race suit, helmet cam, under suit.

I bruised a rib after my first trip to Llandow so if you find that becomes an issue for you too I'd definitely recommend getting a rib protector. The only things I have are a helmet and rib protector, so I have some shopping to do too if I get get everything sorted!

A knew a few people who got dirt cheap helmet cams off ebay (search for something like mini helmet cam or something along those lines on ebay). You can definitely get a lot better quality by spending a lot more, but you have to balance that with the risk of the camera coming off and being run over (if you spend a lot and you can insure it that would seem like a good idea!).

Ha. They weren't on the list. I edited them in when I remembered the blisters on my palms.

Gonna stick my company logo on the lot and claim back on it all as an advertising excercise. (Well, I might check with the accountant first).

Good call on the rib-protector, sushifiesta. I saw quite a few guys wearing them and I went I to the tyres pretty hard a few times. Got a few bruises but I could I agile that it could have even worse.

Great advice.

Ahhhh ha ha ha! I tried that a few times. Or you might have thought that's what I was going for if you were ill informed and had a higher estimation of my skills and experience.

Didn't mention I went back for some more on Saturday.

3 races, 3 poles, 3 wins.

I think it's fair to say I have that place nailed. Whilst the victories are now coming fairly easily in the indoor karts - I do have the advantage of track time - I'm now able to concentrate on my racecraft. I'm picking and choosing my lines and opportunities much better now, staying out of trouble and improving my laptimes. Hopefully all of this will transfer when I next jump back in the two-strokes.

Oh, I finished a lap and a half ahead of 2nd place at docklands last time round. 7 laps of 30 in the 41s too making mincemeat of my personal bests.

Back
Top Bottom