Karting

It's all go tomorrow. Had practice tonight and my times were good enough amongst the heavyweights and about 1.1 secs off the quickest lightweights. there is a 20kg difference between the minimum for each class, who race together. 5 hours sleep and then off to the circuit for the big event. 80 kart drivers from round the world including a surprisingly large number of accredited champions in various national and international series. Brogan. Send me some stickers and I'll put 'em on my helmet for upcoming rounds.

Wish me luck, Clippers.

Kept it clean, kept it quick. Apparently too clean. I waved a guy through after I felt I'd ABC'd him and the marshall's view was that my move was fair. Got a seriously shoddy kart in the third heat which dropped me out of podium contention by a long way. Only one black flag in the entire day and it was for some twat wiping me out. I drove the best I could and held my own amongst a collective of supremely talented and experienced drivers. A third place and a champagne shower were on the cards but, as always with motor-racing, any hope of victory is always built on a house of cards and in this case it quickly came tumbling down. My only other significant mistake other than letting that guy back through was a pretty mediocre lap in the 1 lap quali in the second heat.

The quality of racing was absolutely sublime. To run 36 races in one day and only have one black flag and for each race to be a tight fight for every single position is incredible.

What a day! At points I was on the verge of tears for joy and at others very honestly on the verge of tears through disappointment.

It's an emotional game this motor-racing lark with both it's gifts and it's cruelty but life's all about challenges. This entire adventure into the world of competitive karting is one of the biggest I have ever undertaken. Only another 25 race weekends to go this year, along with a handful of mid-week events.

Good stuff, ExtremeNinja . I admire your positivie attitude to what is an undoubtedly tough journey. Presumably your stiffest competition comes from younger folk who have probably been karting from a very young age. So all credit to you and keep up the good work. Looking forward to your next report. :thumbsup:

Cheers guys. Next instalment will be two weeks in Buckmore Park. Strangely my next four races are all at Buckmore Park with a mid-week in prep for the 2nd round of BRKC the following Sunday. Week after is 1st round of Club 100 60 minute challenge before first round of Club 100 Heavyweight Sprints.

I didn't mention that I was wearing 6kg of diving lead on a waist belt for the duration of today. Bloody uncomfortable and hips are bruised to shit.

I used to let people go back through when I was racing, but everyone else was a bit ruthless, so I thought **** it, if it happens, it happens, am not letting them back through.

I didn't mention that I was wearing 6kg of diving lead on a waist belt for the duration of today. Bloody uncomfortable and hips are bruised to shit.

Watch your sacks don't get squashed!

Karting update:

BRKC - Dropped out after a fallout with the organiser. Completely unnecessary from where I was standing but he aint getting my money.
Club100 60 minute challenge - Completed Rd1 in the snow on slicks and got my best result yet. Currently sitting 12th on the boards. Unfortunately am dropping Rd2 as am in NY. 6 of 7 rounds count so I need to get to all of the remaining.
Club100 Heavyweight Sprints - Barely making the weight class now and having to modulate my weight through the day by consuming water. Best dry result yet. Qualified 4th in B Final 1, finished down in 16th after getting taken out by a backmarker I was lapping. My laptime in this race, though, qualified me 2nd in B Final 2. What a feeling starting on the front row! Amazing. Finished 5th on merit with no incidents and only 10secs off of the leader.

Moving forwards!!!!

Karting fun in NY

Went over to Pole Position Raceway in New Jersey for a few laps yesterday. Electric Karts and slippery concrete surface but good layout and good fun all the same. My 14th and final lap was 0.45s off the lap record. Shocked a few people down there.

Going back on Monday when they open up the full extended circuit.

Suprisingly, I fall only to 19th from 12th in the standings despite not competing in the second round of the Club100 60 Minute Challenge. This, thanks to a solid result in the snow affected first round. It is great to know that I can drop this round with minimum impact at such an early stage of the campaign and the decision looks rather inspired now.

Looking forward to Rd3 which will be at Buckmore Park again on May 5th. There are a couple of rounds in the Sprint championship before then, though, and I'll be equally looking forward to them, too.

Completely unrelated, but here is the one thing I enjoy more than karting and the void which karting now fills in my life. This is beautiful! http://digbmx.mpora.com/dig-daily/new-zealand-trip-2013-video/

Fenderman

You do, you just don't know it.

You've got an Afro and you don't know it.

lmfao---sexy-and-i-know-it-1316702853-view-0.png

Back
Top Bottom