Jos' Weather Thread

Jos the Boss

Champion Elect
Weather Time! 1st of the season, and Sly is probably already convinced i've got it wrong!
Friday is all I have thus far!
0400: Partly cloudy skies 1000: Partly cloudy skies 1600: Sunny Skies 2200: Clear Skies
However late thursday is Moderate or heavy Rain showers so wet start to free practise? Or maybe it will dry out before the start

There was one in either 2001 or 2002, I remember the Ferraris bring the Bridgestone intermediates and the Michelin runners brought full wets, the Ferraris dominated the race with the inters early on, then the conditions changed and Barrichello crashed out.

There was one in either 2001 or 2002, I remember the Ferraris bring the Bridgestone intermediates and the Michelin runners brought full wets, the Ferraris dominated the race with the inters early on, then the conditions changed and Barrichello crashed out.

Both were sunny, Barrichello crashed in 2003 but it weren't raining then I don't think

Yeah it was, any of Schumacher, Raikkonen, Montoya and Coulthard could have won it at various stages of the race and Coulthard ended up winning for his 13th and last victory. I wouldn't mind a race like that on the eighteenth!

Yeah all 3 had problems bar Coulthard, I remember Montoya spinning, Schumacher had a barge board coming off and I think he either had a bad pitstop or a penalty or something, Raikkonen was the same!

I found some footage of the race, I spotted Barrichello on inters and you can see Coulthard switch to drys and the cameraman zooming in on the tyre change.

I think I might just got and watch the F1 2003 review on DVD :).

dont bother predicting melbournes weather because as a person who lives there, it was 35C a week ago and this weekend it has being pouring and yesterday was only 18C, basically Melbournes weather is in its awkward transiton between Summer and Autumn

Ok my first full weather report for Race and Qually!
Friday
0400: Moderate Rain 1000: Sunny Skies 1600: Moderate rain at times
Saturday
0400: Partly cloudy skies 1000: Sunny skies 1600: Sunny Skies 2200: Partly Cloudy Skies
Sunday
0400: Clear skies 1000: Sunny skies 1600: Sunny skies
So it looks dry but don't hold me up on that!

Back
Top Bottom