Jenson Button

Arguably the best ever driver in mixed conditions, all his wins at Mclaren have come in those conditions. His last race win in the dry came at the 2009 Turkish GP.

Button is known for his smooth driving style and is normally seen in must races doing one less stop than his rivals for tyres.

Buttons also know to be a bit of a practical joker and will take part in anything fun.

Since his debut in 2000 Button has won the majority of hearts in this country. But what is your favourite JB win?

Mine has to be Hungaroring 2006, in argubly a midfield team and he won the race in those mixed conditions to take his first win. I can remember James Allen been in tears almost and that was the first race Anthony Davidson ever commentated on.

I always understood that the talk was that McLaren wanted JB to stay until he retired from F1 and then either support him in a different formula DTM Le Mans what ever he choose and then make him a consultant for McLaren..

Well that was what was being reported when he re signed for them last time anyway....

Yes that was the case, in fact I heard Jonathon Neale? say JB had a job at McLaren for life...
But that was a while ago..............

I did wonder when Raikkonen 's management which was Button's former management were saying they are talking about any drives available

Would it be it revenge for Kimi and the management team to oust Button from Mclaren after he stole the drive from their noses in 2010

Kimi would certainly be paid more than at Lotus but not on Hamilton's or Alonso's pay packet

As for Button you have to say the other options look enticing and he will go to against another world champion.

Did Button steel the drive out from Kimi in 2010? Kimi didn't want the Mclaren drive due to money/disillusioned by F1 depending on who's side your on.

I guess that with Button a team knows what it's going to get where as with Kimi I would argue that at the moment he's a quicker driver than Button but it's all about if he can be arsed or not. Most teams aren't looking for a moody and huffy driver if it's likely to upset the balance.

I believe the chances are that Button will stay put unless there is a genuine offer from Ferrari and that would prove too much to turn down. Will he get that offer though? I think it's unlikely.

I believe at the time Kimi was happy to take a break from F1 and let's not forget that Kimi was still under contract to Ferrari at the time and Ferrari carried on paying him even though he wasn't driving for them, just so they could sign Alonso without any expensive legal battles and bad publicity....

"Nicked Kimi's Seat"? Never heard so much twaddle in my life...Jenson earned his drive at McLaren by being the reigning World Champion at the time. Let us not forget that he won his 2nd and 3rd races for them too.
Kimi was paid off by Ferrari so they could hire Alonso, and a large part of that pay-off was to keep him from driving for a rival- if he wanted to drive in 2010 that much, all he had to do was not take Ferrari's shilling- guess he wasn't willing to take a cut in wages after all.

Jenson is one of the highest paid drivers on the grid, so I don't think he'd Go to Ferrari for money......unless the thing Martin said they needed to sit down and talk about, was a reduction in the pay cheque. He may go to Ferrari for kudos. He'd probably be a good back up for Alonso.

Back
Top Bottom