Jenson Button

Arguably the best ever driver in mixed conditions, all his wins at Mclaren have come in those conditions. His last race win in the dry came at the 2009 Turkish GP.

Button is known for his smooth driving style and is normally seen in must races doing one less stop than his rivals for tyres.

Buttons also know to be a bit of a practical joker and will take part in anything fun.

Since his debut in 2000 Button has won the majority of hearts in this country. But what is your favourite JB win?

Mine has to be Hungaroring 2006, in argubly a midfield team and he won the race in those mixed conditions to take his first win. I can remember James Allen been in tears almost and that was the first race Anthony Davidson ever commentated on.

I could watch that win in Hungary over and over downforce not only did he win he won from 14th on the grid on a track that usually sees the winner coming from the first three places this is another record that Jenson holds the previous lowest position winner was Mansell from 12th.....

Jenson is and always has been a great racer, one of the best in my opinion....

I think that Raikonen may still hold the record for the previous lowest position winner. Kimi on a dry track at Suzuka in 2005, came from 17th place to secure a thrilling win, by overtaking Fisichella on the last lap.

If you mean hungry, then at the moment I would have to say Vettel, he is the one with the eye of the tiger, his appetite for records, be it fastest laps, pole positions, race wins and championships doesn't seem to have been quenched thus far and I'm sorry to say this but he is the one in the driving seat and he isn't finished yet, I believe he will eclipse all other drivers even your beloved Lewis, not that he hasn't eclipsed him already, in every aspect of a racing career...

I don't support Vettel, but there is no denying his ability even if you don't like him, he is far beyond what I have seen in a very long while.....

And yet the fact remains Jenson is the only driver on the present grid to have beaten him to a championship and Jenson is the only driver to have out scored Lewis as a teammate in his F1 career, including Alonso....

Go figure.....

I'm not trying to be snide or funny but there is simply no denying the truth....

So just maybe Jenson should be shown just a little more respect, not much just a little....

I support Jenson but if or when he does seem to me that he isn't trying anymore or he has lost his appetite for racing then I will be the first person to say that he should retire, after all nobody wants to see the driver they support trolling around at the bottom of the grid.

I knew when Damon had, had enough and his retirement announcement at Silverstone was the best thing he could have done not only for himself but also for the respect of his fans and the wishes of his wife....

But Jenson is a long way off from that, he's only just turned 33 he has a fair few years left in him yet..

Back
Top Bottom