Jenson Button

Arguably the best ever driver in mixed conditions, all his wins at Mclaren have come in those conditions. His last race win in the dry came at the 2009 Turkish GP.

Button is known for his smooth driving style and is normally seen in must races doing one less stop than his rivals for tyres.

Buttons also know to be a bit of a practical joker and will take part in anything fun.

Since his debut in 2000 Button has won the majority of hearts in this country. But what is your favourite JB win?

Mine has to be Hungaroring 2006, in argubly a midfield team and he won the race in those mixed conditions to take his first win. I can remember James Allen been in tears almost and that was the first race Anthony Davidson ever commentated on.

This is turning into a caption competition but the guy to Jessica's left, in the blue T-Shirt, looks like he's got a bit "over excited" stood next to a lingerie model.

Which is prob why Jessica is keeping her arms delib by her sides so as not to brush anything.

That photo sums up the team dynamic and it has most likely been like that for a while.

Hamilton has very much been on the outside for a long time now.

I get the impression he's not well liked.

I could be wrong though...

Edit: Just noticed this is the Button thread so ignore my off topic ramblings.

racecub

There were plenty of fools on the old BBC 606 thread who took every opportunity to start the mud slinging and accuse MArk Hughes of being Button bias when they guy voted Hamilton driver of the year 2009 ahead of Button !

Ross BRawn's hands were tied by Mercedes
- He started with "Being 99% certain Button would stay with BRawn"

It changed to "we are not sure we can pay him what he wants so he can have more sponsors freedom!" when Mercedes wanted to decide the drivers

When Mercedes took over they made no mention of Button whilst Fry said " We hope Button will stay on the same amount of money" - same gratitude for taking a pay cut whilst you've just lucked into being a millionaire by chance

Ross BRawn said the following things about Button

" There is hidden steel behind his character" on reference to him joining Mclaren vs Hamilton

" I wish he was still driving for us " on Jenson's 200th GP

-----------------------------

Why Mclaren like Button is because of his calmness and he aint going to throw a serious wobbler and slaughter the team in public like Hamilton .

Some of the engineers prefer that certainly even with Senna and Prost they knew how to rally the engineers the right way

racecub

Ross Brawn wanted to keep Button but Mercedes clearly were playing devil's advocate in secretly getting Schumacher in their car like they always dream of but never have

Ross BRawn does rate Button and this is a man who mastered Schumacher to 7 titles and clearly Hamilton sees Ross a factor for leaving Mclaren

Ross BRawn said he was not convinced at first about Button only few glimpses of his ability like Imola 2004 that he had abilities of Schumacher until he saw it in 2009

I

Anyone think next season is a big one for Button? First year without Hamilton at Mclaren he'll be expected to bring the bacon home all year long.

I think next year is the year we'll see if he can be a true number one. At times he's looked the part but he does have his dips.

Brawn was almost gifted, it's only since he has been at McLaren that he has had to prove anything and the figures aren't quite conclusive yet. :)

I think JB has 2 seasons left, 2013 to see if he can grab the whole team and make it work for him (while being the "Uncle Jenson" to Checo that "Uncle David" was to Seb) and 2014 to ease himself into retirement on the back of an ace 2013 or an absolute fucking nightmare (beaten by Checo, seen to be "Uncle Knob'ead, 6th or worse in WDC).

RasputinLives - what about Brawn? Does that not count as JB as a number 1? ;)

I meant number one at a big team. I know Brawn were a big team but not until the season started and everyone realised how good they were. 2013 will be the first time he's been team leader of a team that isn't just hoping to challenge for the title but is expecting too.

The whole reason Jenson moved to Mclaren was because he wanted to be with one of the big teams. Now the time to show us what you can be JB

Back
Top Bottom