Jenson Button

Arguably the best ever driver in mixed conditions, all his wins at Mclaren have come in those conditions. His last race win in the dry came at the 2009 Turkish GP.

Button is known for his smooth driving style and is normally seen in must races doing one less stop than his rivals for tyres.

Buttons also know to be a bit of a practical joker and will take part in anything fun.

Since his debut in 2000 Button has won the majority of hearts in this country. But what is your favourite JB win?

Mine has to be Hungaroring 2006, in argubly a midfield team and he won the race in those mixed conditions to take his first win. I can remember James Allen been in tears almost and that was the first race Anthony Davidson ever commentated on.

So, when Damon Hill won at Adelaide 1995 with David Coulthard crashing out, and Hill said it was a perfect way to end the season for him, he was being crafty and sneaky?

Just give it up racecub ... For Button, the BEST way for him to finish the season was by winning the race- just like starting the season by winning (even though Hamilton came third) was the BEST way for HIM to start the season.... Thank goodness Hamilton is leaving McLaren- hopefully this means that we no longer have to analyse everything that JB and Whitmarsh say in order to test for bias against Hamilton!

Nice drive from Jenson who showed his fighting spirit that has been missing through large parts of this season. A great end to his season that sees him going into 2013 with a bloody fast rookie to tame. I hope Jenson will show Checo who is boss in 2013, but truth is I think he has his hands full. Hopefully his wise head will make the difference and bring him the 2013 world championship.
GO JENSON.

Jenson had good pace today and good luck. Not sure where the 'fighting spirit' was that was evident in a lot of other drivers. He's shown much more drive in others races.

Changed it to just good luck before your reply. Rain stopping at the perfect moment and two guys in front colliding. Then remembered safety car hence disproportionate removed.

I'm struggling to see just where Button was lucky. He had an effective lead of over 20 seconds as he hadn't pitted before the safety car came out, that was wiped out. At the rate Hamilton was picking up time from him after the safety car there was no challenge form that quarter. He, and Hulkenberg, just drove extremely well handling the conditions when other more favoured drivers could not.

I can only assume
1. My second post has been missed
2. The rain stopping unexpectedly when Button was due to come in for inters, was missed
3. Hamilton being taken out by Hulkenberg who subsequently dropped down the rankings, was missed

Not today. He was lucky. When he was called in for inters he said, it's stopped raining. They said okay stay out. Luck. It wasn't a 'fighting' performance weve seen before.

Today, it stopped raining on the lap he was due to come in. There is a difference.

And then 1st and 2nd place disappearing in front of him? That's jenson's fighting spirit is it?

Hamberg... Just be pleased for JB- there's no need to criticise him, just because your favourite didn't win! Yes there was some fortune involved, but he also had overtaken Hamilton on the track earlier in the race whilst it was slippery, and there's nothing to say that when conditions started getting tricky again that he wouldn't have been able to do exactly the same thing!

Button was so lucky that, having overtaken Hamilton, he pulled away by 1.667 seconds in 2 laps. He could handle the conditions, as could Hulkenberg, if other drivers could not that does not make Button lucky.

On the other hand, losing an effective 20+ seconds lead due to the safety car was bad luck.

Awesome the way one part of an argument is drawn on but others are ignored. He did not win that race because of fighting spirit.

Back
Top Bottom