Jenson Button

Arguably the best ever driver in mixed conditions, all his wins at Mclaren have come in those conditions. His last race win in the dry came at the 2009 Turkish GP.

Button is known for his smooth driving style and is normally seen in must races doing one less stop than his rivals for tyres.

Buttons also know to be a bit of a practical joker and will take part in anything fun.

Since his debut in 2000 Button has won the majority of hearts in this country. But what is your favourite JB win?

Mine has to be Hungaroring 2006, in argubly a midfield team and he won the race in those mixed conditions to take his first win. I can remember James Allen been in tears almost and that was the first race Anthony Davidson ever commentated on.

Can I assume that the Button vs Hamilton thread will be closed at the end of the season? If so that would be the best news of all.....

Edit

Maybe it will become the Lewis vs Nico thread.....

You know what it's F1, shit happens I'm just glad they have found it before the race, it would have been remiss of McLaren not to check Jenson's gearbox considering what happened to Lewis...

There has been a lot of talk on various threads about Jenson as a person and his true intentions etc etc but lets forget all of that Dawsons Creek crap and look at it from a sporting point of view. To be a champion you have to take no prisoners and have the best team you can behind you. Jenson decided that team was Mclaren, went there when advised not too as it was seen as his rivals team and within three years got the entire team behind him and has seen his rival leave so that now he will become the teams sole focus putting himself in prime position to maxamise some of the best equiptment on the grid.

Think what you like of him but don't say the boy isn't giving himself the best shot he can. I'm sure he won't miss the sports personality of tbe year award in his cabinet. The last driver I remember doing something like this was Senna and it didn't harm his career too much.

An Ayrton Senna Jenson Button certainly is not. And has not Michael Schumacher and Alonso done something like this rather more recently?
What amazes me is how easily personality flaws are forgiven in Button and how remorselessly they punished in other drivers. some double standards going on methinks.

Josh...

I think she's talking about things like "Whingeing after a bad result, coming up with excuses, always finding someone else to blame, being friends with Whitmarsh, etc etc etc ". - that sort of garbage....

An Ayrton Senna Jenson Button certainly is not. And has not Michael Schumacher and Alonso done something like this rather more recently?
What amazes me is how easily personality flaws are forgiven in Button and how remorselessly they punished in other drivers. some double standards going on methinks.

I said Dawson's creek crap aside racecub. And the Senna comparision was made due to the fact that like Ayrton, Jenson went to a team that was viewed as being built round one of his main rivals and like Ayrton within a few seasons everything has switched round, his rival has left for pastures less up to speed and he is the teams main focus and put himself in the best position to take advantage of the machinary one of the best teams on the grid. Gotta give him credit for that.

And how many champions do you know people had only good things to say about?

Back
Top Bottom