Jenson Button

Rutherford

Podium Finisher
Unfortunate move on Wehrlein, optimistic and it could have been without incident, if Wehrlein had looked into his mirrors.

Bill Boddy

Professional layabout
Premium Contributor
The shame was that Wehrlein was given a 5 second penalty for a dangerous release when he should have been told to give the place back.

Il_leone

Champion Elect
The 5 second penalty on Wehrlein was BS .. you impede him dangerously in the pit and then am going to impede for the rest of the race :facepalm:just making sure you're 5 seconds ahead of him...so there is no real punishment for Wehrlein

The Artist.....

Champion Elect
What an absolute piss-take. Wehrlein tried to drive Button into the barriers in the pitlane, and Button had to get off the throttle, only to be met with a meaningless 5 second penalty.

If the FIA do not want drivers to try to overtake, then they should just race on train-tracks! Or alternatively, just award points at Monaco based on qualifying!

Bill Boddy

Professional layabout
Premium Contributor
So have I. What sort of friends are they that, when you spot them whilst on a gentle stroll and invite them to a local hostelry, turn out to have no money with them. A friend in need is a pain in the backside.

Titch

Champion Elect
Premium Contributor
Make it clear next time you offer an invitation to the local hostelry that said invited has money in their pocket ?

The Pits

Harumph. Again.
Valued Member
I got 7. To be fair the question i got wrong was not about JB, it was about some Scottish lady called Jackie

Rutherford

Podium Finisher
7/8.

Jenson Button jokingly asked FIA stewards in Monaco to ban him from F1 for life after colliding with Wehrlein. AMuS: ams.to/f1-paddock-news
ROFL Doing everything possible to avoid having to drive the McLaren Honda again.

Olivier

Race Winner
Just imagine, Alonso and Honda leave. Button comes back in a last minute deal and goes on to win the World title for McLaren Mercedes.

LOL
Not as far fetched as one might initially think. I see this scenario though; McLaren and Honda split, McLaren gets the Mercedes engine and Alonso leaves F1 for Indy Cars. Honda decides to buy the right to use Forc India chasis, facilities and staff and they swap engines with theirs. Over winter they find what the issue with the engine was, things look promising, they somehow convince Button to come back, but he does it on one condition; on a race by race basis. If he decides the car is not going anywhere he can quit on the spot. Honda accepts. The new Honda looks fast during testing. People say it's trying to get sponsorship by running empty tanks. They get Nassr to join Button. Australia 2018, qualifying.; Against all odds both Hondas make it to Q3. Button very narrowly wins pole over WRC Vettel with Hamilton coming 3rd and Nasr 4th. Honda is really a threat to the establishment. Over the next 25 races Button, Vettel and Hamilton fight the title. Finally in Brazil, Button prevails in a torrential rain. He's known as the Phoenix from then on. He gets back with Jessie. Everybody is happy.

siffert_fan

Too old to watch the Asian races live.
Contributor
"WRC VETTEL"!!!!!?????

I didn't know Vettel was competing the in the World Rally ChampionshipLOL

Top Bottom