Jenson Button & McLaren in Manchester!

Vortex

Race Winner
Did anyone else go see Button thrashing the McLaren around the streets of Manchester yesterday?

I think the clutch was destroyed by the end of it as he was hitting the revs after a few doughnuts but not moving then switched the car off and ran back to the garage.

Was a good day out, just a little bit deaf now. :thumbsup:

Definitely looks like he burnt the clutch out as I'm pretty sure he was supposed to carry on up the road after doing the doughnuts.

I bet there were more than a few disappointed people.

Luckily it was the end of the final run of the day and the garage was only about a minutes walk in the direction Button ran so it didn’t really cut it short at all.

I was stood to the left of that video when this happened (right behind the car after the first half doughnut which really rattled the ear drums) and on his previous run I stood right outside the garage. I went back to the garage to watch what they were doing to the car after this, it looked like they were just prepping it for transport, covers off, couple of mechanics lifted the front end up to waist height and held it there a few minutes while they drained the fuel out.

Good stuff.

Ah, I thought that was his first run.

Good to hear it wasn't and all the fans got to see him in action.

I'm sure I spotted RickD in the crowd too ;)

Not to be a moaning old bugger, but is it fair to be sending Button out on a PR day the day after a grand prix weekend? Seeing as I'm from near Manchester I would have gone to this but me (and a lot of other brits) were still on the way back from Spa. What was wrong with Tuesday or Wednesday?

Not to be a moaning old bugger, but is it fair to be sending Button out on a PR day the day after a grand prix weekend? Seeing as I'm from near Manchester I would have gone to this but me (and a lot of other brits) were still on the way back from Spa. What was wrong with Tuesday or Wednesday?

Probably because the Monday was a bank holiday and Tuesday or Wednesday wasn’t.

Besides, if you were at Spa (lucky bugger) you’d already seen him :p lol.

Back
Top Bottom