If you could choose two drivers...

I disagree. You gotta go with a #1 and a #2 - there'd be too much friction otherwise, imho!

What's life without a bit of friction? If I've got the fastest car, they could be the nicest guys in the world, they're still going to fall out with each other. It took Prost and Senna until the first European race of their second season together - Button and Hamilton you have been warned!

Also I'm pretty sure they would get on. I'm almost certain Fernando fell out with McLaren not Lewis.

Fernando wanting to be de-facto #1 might be an issue...

Schumacher and Barrichello, isn't it? :yes: McLaren didn't win 5 WDCs in a row from 1988!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But that driver partnership only existed for two years? Four titles and 25 wins ont of a possible 32 over two years ain't bad is it?

Ahh, but why did the partnership last for two years? Because they fell out and Prost buggered off.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well there was a bit more to it than that as I'm sure you're well aware 8-) but two years is better than nothing and it didn't stop McLaren from winning.
Just a little less comprehensively...

Alonso and Hamilton, with Button as a reserve (is that allowed).

I've always been an Alonso fan - he does what it says on the tin and am warming to Hamilton (better since he and his dad parted company) and Button because he has proved he can do it.

And all are racers - which is very important to me (even if they get a bit silly sometimes) :)

Hmm... Hamilton and Alonso is tempting... but I'm gonna have to go for Hamilton Button just because they work together so well, what is telling fromt this thread is that there is more Hamiltons than there are Alonsos.

Vettel & Alonso in a Red Bull - let's see how Alonso copes with being a No2

Best driver pairing ever - Jones - Reutemann at Williams. Perfect 1 & 2 until Carlos got other ideas.

The obvious driver choices would be Alonso and Hamilton however we know that is not a harmonious relationship and there is something to be said for having the two fastest/most competitive drivers in the sam team being counter-productive.

So, and this may come as a surprise to you - I'm all for Hamberg (not me the etymology of my username)!

Hamilton and Rosberg, can work well together, they've proven this in the lower formula. Rosberg can be very quick, is consistent and also is very happy to have a crack at overtaking with strong defensive skills. He's also intelligent and media savvy.

I think realistically anyone who owned a team would pick Lewis and Fernando. Crofty and Davidson had this discussion in FP2 and both picked them without thinking. As good as Seb is, even over 1 lap i think Lewis and Fernando would have the edge. A good driver should always land that car on pole. Interesting thread. :)

Obviously if you take into account their relationship you would have to pick one of them and go with whoever is the third best on the grid, probably out of Seb and Kubica. I'd pick Lewis and Kubica in this situation.

Back
Top Bottom