First Entered 2010
Races Entered 19
Race Wins 0
Pole Positions 0
Fastest Laps 0
Driver World Championships 0
Constructor World Championships 0

Campos Racing

Having run cars in lower formulae former F1 driver Adrian Campos secured one of the 3 places for new teams in F1 for 2010. He commissioned Dallara to build a chassis and signed a deal to use Cosworth engines and Xtrac gearboxes. They also announced that Bruno Senna, nephew of Ayrton, would drive for them.

Struggling for funds, especially to pay for the Dallara Chassis, Campos was bought out by major shareholder in Campos Racing Jose Ramon Carabante and the team renamed Hispania Racing Team

HRT

The team’s financial problems meant they were unable to take part in any pre-season testing and arrived at the first race with Karun Chandhok partnering Senna in completely untried cars. Unsurprisingly both cars were somewhat off the pace and retired early on. By Malaysia reliability had improved, if not speed, and both cars finished.

Continuing financial problems meant both Senna and Chandhok were substituted for Sakon Yamamoto, at various races and at the end of the season Christian Klien was drafted in to try and move the team further up the grid. Despite their poor pace the team finished 11th out of 12 in the Constructors Championship on count back of minor placing’s.

Financial problems continue to dog the team into 2011 and they again missed pre-season testing as the new F111 car wasn’t built in time. Jordan driver from 2005 Narain Karthikeyan is partnered by Force India refugee Vitantonio Liuzzi and the team continue with Cosworth engines.

:givemestrength:

Well thats dissapointing. With all the drivers begging for a seat in F1 at the moment there was a name I didn't expect to be on the drivers list next year. I know they said they were going to get a Spanish driver in but thats not who I expected.

I guess they'll argue he is porbably the most experienced test driver in the business and the development skills and experience he'll bring will be invaluable. Didn't seem to work at Sauber though.

Lets hope they back it up with a young driver in the other seat - Maybe Dani Clos and an all Spanish line-up

I guess they'll argue he is porbably the most experienced test driver in the business and the development skills and experience he'll bring will be invaluable. Didn't seem to work at Sauber though.

Or did it? They were pretty dire at the start of last season and developed apace, something you'd rarely if ever associate with Sauber.

Yikes. A team who haven't been able to get a car built in time for pre-season testing in two attempts, signs one of the best test drivers. He'll be 41 by the start of next season.

Maybe they'll get Adrian Campos for the second seat?

WOW Simply WOWSERS. Never saw this one coming quite a shock indeed that another 40 year old is gonna be on the grid. Not that Pedro is a bad driver i just think he won't be able to cut it especially if Dani Clos or Daniel Riccardio as his teammate.

Barrichello is still a strong tip for the second Hispania seat if he's not retained by Williams. Would give them an excellent development team which by the way Colin Kolles is talking is exactly what they're aiming at. I guess its a great tactic in order to get the team up to a level with the other midfield runners in time for the engine rule change in 2014 which might work out brilliantly for them. Can't help but feel its a bit dull though.

Would Pedro and Rubens be the oldest driver pairing in F1 history?

I bet there were some in the 1950's which were older.

There were.

The Alfa Romeo team in 1950 consisted of Fagioli (51), Farina (43) and Fangio (38). They finished 1-2-3 in the championship.

It might be the oldest pairing since the 1950s, though. Struggling to think of any others; Mansell-Patrese in 1992 were 37 and 38 respectively.

In other Hispania news its believed that Liuzzi has another year on his current contract with the team and will be in a race seat next year....................if they build the car on time

I second that. FFS how hard can it be? The team has shown signs of real progress on the track since the half way point of the season but I'm now thinking they haven't progressed as much as the Virgin must be a woefully bad car.

How on earth are the team going to bring in new sponsorship while the CEO makes statements like that?

Also lets make a note that both HRT's out qualified both 'Virgins' in Brazil. Liuzzi being half a second quicker than Timo Glock.

When you look back to the first race of the season and see that Liuzzi was a full 3 seconds slower than Glock you have to say they did a good job during the year (and probably that Virgin did a bad one) and deserve the 11th place.

Back
Top Bottom