HRT

Brogan

🦶 Leg end
Staff member
Colin Kolles has been given the boot, or as the press release puts it:

"Spanish outfit HRT F1 Team and Dr. Colin Kolles have reached an agreement to end their cooperation and therefore the Team Principal will abandon his post on the 15th of December 2011."

http://hispaniaracing.com/news.php?nid=609

RasputinLives

So Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
Contributor
With the current status of the drivers market you have to think that HRT are probably laughing their heads off at the choice they have for their last seat.

If we assume Sutil takes the Williams role it means you have Barrichello, Alguersauri, Buemi, D'ambrosio, Petrov, Senna, Heidfeld and Liuzzi to name a few to chose from all desperate to stay in F1. Who the hell would have thought that?

Mr Perez-Sala's first job might be to sit at a desk and work out which one has the biggest bag of money for him to spend on the new car.

RasputinLives

Contributor
Interesting quote from the new boss

"The task ahead of us, with the design of the car and change of headquarters, is huge. Formula One is very complicated and implies a lot of preparation work and, in this respect, HRT is a little bit behind other teams. We will feel the effects of this transformation the team is going through and will have ‘pay’ for it at the start of the season. We’re not going to be at the same level as when we finished this past season, where the same team had been running for two years, but we’re aware of that. We’re taking a step back so that we can take two forward. 2012 will be an important year for us to settle and face a more natural and stable situation in 2013."

Looks like he expects them to be firmly planted at the back. I hope they have enough cash to last until this 2 steps forward in 2013!

Brogan

🦶 Leg end
Staff member
HRT have always seemed on the verge of folding and this recent announcement just reinforces that.

A major restructuring and relocation after just two years? Madness.

MCLS

Anti F1 fan
Valued Member
HRT are almost the indestructible F1 team, if they are able to survive 2010 and 2011 without collapsing I am sure they can survive anything

Slyboogy

World Champion
Contributor
With the current status of the drivers market you have to think that HRT are probably laughing their heads off at the choice they have for their last seat.

If we assume Sutil takes the Williams role it means you have Barrichello, Alguersauri, Buemi, D'ambrosio, Petrov, Senna, Heidfeld and Liuzzi to name a few to chose from all desperate to stay in F1. Who the hell would have thought that?
I think the several of those drivers that you have named are "probably laughing their heads off" of the thought of going to HRT.

teabagyokel

#dejavu
Valued Member
If they're becoming a "Spanish national team", would a driver of Catalan/Basque origin snub them? I know Squire is an Espanyol supporter (which suggests some 'Spanish' feeling for those not versed with the social aspects of football support in Barcelona) but could this lead to a problem?

RasputinLives

Contributor
Intersting news coming out of HRT

http://en.espnf1.com/hrtf1/motorsport/story/67657.html

So Alguersauri turned them down and Clos and any other Spaniard has been ruled out. Also they are looking for a young driver and that pretty much rules out Liuzzi too.

I think we can rule Bruno Senna out after his last spell at HRT too so who does that leave?

The only non-rookie the description fits is D'ambrosio to be honest but I can't see that happening. You have Bianchi and Sam Bird on the verge of F1 backed by bigger teams who'd bring money in (Ferrari and Merc respectivly) if those teams wanted to give their young drivers some F1 experience like Red Bull did with Ricciardo last year. If they were going for a young driver with true potential the Canadian Robert Wickens who beat Vergne to the Formula Ranult 3.5 title last year is still avaliable.

However I will repeat what I put on this thread early - they gave Friday running time to Jan Charouz who is a young Czech driver who has a lot of money behind him so my money is on him.

Whats anyone else think?

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
Dunno about the driver but the chances of them having having something ready for the start of the season look pretty slim so Pedro might be lining up at the back on his mountain bike. Who in their right mind stops the production of the most important part of a Grand Prix team, the car, half way through just to satisfy the desire to be "Spain's National Team"?

I've quite enjoyed watching HRT so far as they appeal to my British underdog streak. I can see they are just going to piss me off now. What are they hoping Alonso will suddenly think to himself "Sod this going for race wins and Championships at Ferrari and being feted as a God by the most passionate sports supporters in the World. I'd much rather drive for a pointless bunch of no hopers at the back of the grid 'cos they're Spanish!"

RasputinLives

Contributor
I understand your anger at them FB but I don't think they're aim to be 'Spain's National Team' but to find places to source better sponsors and to find its own identity. Yes they've probably damaged their chances for 2012 but hopefully will have everything in place for the big rebuild in 2013.

I think the relocation to Spain is about establishing the team a unique F1 identity and about attracting finance in from areas they wouldn't normally get it. Maybe in the long term sacraficing production for 2012 is the price to pay to secure the team stays in F1 in the long term.

RasputinLives

Contributor
Not in the short term no but the message I get from HRT is they're trying to establish foundations for a team that can exist in F1 for a long time without having to rely on being bought out by this company or the other every 3 years.

I coould be wrong of course

Top Bottom