First Entered 2010
Races Entered 19
Race Wins 0
Pole Positions 0
Fastest Laps 0
Driver World Championships 0
Constructor World Championships 0

Campos Racing

Having run cars in lower formulae former F1 driver Adrian Campos secured one of the 3 places for new teams in F1 for 2010. He commissioned Dallara to build a chassis and signed a deal to use Cosworth engines and Xtrac gearboxes. They also announced that Bruno Senna, nephew of Ayrton, would drive for them.

Struggling for funds, especially to pay for the Dallara Chassis, Campos was bought out by major shareholder in Campos Racing Jose Ramon Carabante and the team renamed Hispania Racing Team

HRT

The team’s financial problems meant they were unable to take part in any pre-season testing and arrived at the first race with Karun Chandhok partnering Senna in completely untried cars. Unsurprisingly both cars were somewhat off the pace and retired early on. By Malaysia reliability had improved, if not speed, and both cars finished.

Continuing financial problems meant both Senna and Chandhok were substituted for Sakon Yamamoto, at various races and at the end of the season Christian Klien was drafted in to try and move the team further up the grid. Despite their poor pace the team finished 11th out of 12 in the Constructors Championship on count back of minor placing’s.

Financial problems continue to dog the team into 2011 and they again missed pre-season testing as the new F111 car wasn’t built in time. Jordan driver from 2005 Narain Karthikeyan is partnered by Force India refugee Vitantonio Liuzzi and the team continue with Cosworth engines.

Yeah Karthikeyan is racing for HRT at the Indian GP.

I think HRT need to link up with an established team and get techinal help. Like Virgin have with Mclaren! Would be nice to finally see them getting closer to the midfield ranks if their did.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I feel funny about that sort of inter-team collaboration to be honest.... there was a lot of debates about team-orders last year, but do you remember the way Algersuarri just jumped out of the way when Webber overtook him? Jaime would obviously have been reminded of who actually pays his wages... in this instance it didn't make any difference to the title outcome but on a different day it very well might have....
Nobody needs reminding about what took place between Williams and McLaren at Jerez in 1997 (captured live through pit radio), even though the way Schumacher disgraced himself in that race overshadowed it.

Inter-team collusion has the potential to open one gigantic can of worms, and is an altogether far more serious concern than the debate about team-orders....

Nobody needs reminding about what took place between Williams and McLaren at Jerez in 1997 (captured live through pit radio)

I started watching F1 a season after and only remember my first race being Australia 1999 (don't tell me how that works out I am struggling myself)

But did they get penalised for that? Because that is "manipulating" the race, and I think both teams should have at least got a ban of some sort.

(Sorry about the off-topic, I am intrigued on this situation, I have heard of this before, but I can't remember the conseqeunces, feel free to move this post or to delete it)

No they didn't - No one even brought it up. DC even got told to pull over to let Mika through so he could get his first GP win.

Then with the first race of 98 going the same way its a servere blot on Mika's copy book.

Anyway back on topic - I support HRT more for not linking up with any of the bigger teams and trying to go it alone. I don't mind it with deals on drivers like bringing Ricciadrio in but if they start running other teams parts its kind of like admitting defeat!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/93731

HRT are aiming to beat Lotus in the current championship, they both have a 13th place finish, Lotus have acheived it twice. We may ridicule this team a lot, but they have been getting high finishes be it just one per season, they still achieve it.

Their driver line up this year seems to be much more stable than last year, that's another achievement for them.

Mixed news for HRT - their new owners are set to invest in a brand new headquarters for them port side in Valencia. Also reports that the new owners are providing a budget of 200 milion Euros for the team. Jorg Zander, the former Brawn and BMW designer is also supposedly joining the team.

However its also report that Geoff Willis is leaving due to not being happy about plans for the 2012 budget and car - although he's still officially working for the team

However its also report that Geoff Willis is leaving due to not being happy about plans for the 2012 budget and car - although he's still officially working for the team

Quite contrasting is it not? Getting a budget of 200 million Euros yet Willis is not happy on the budget or the car? Maybe it's because they are finally going to pay their drivers? :thinking:

or its all going on some fancy new headquarters in Valencia!

I think Willis may not trust that the budget is really 200million Euro's. Having said that Jorg Zander sounds like he might be useful. He was behind that design for the 2009 Brawn.

The again he was behind the design for the infamous Honda Earth Car too

quote from Mr Kolles about next weekend and previous one

"We had quite an encouraging weekend in India, showing a much better pace than our direct rivals, and we are looking forward to Abu Dhabi to round it off. However, we have to keep our feet on the ground, focus on ourselves and do our job properly. If we do, I am sure we can hope for a good result at the Yas Marina Circuit. The event was fantastic last year, a really impressive facility with great atmosphere. For the first time, Daniel will drive at a racetrack that he has already been before with a Formula 1 as he was one of the young drivers participating in the post-race test. He actually had an impressive performance and, although this time will be a different situation, I am confident that this can allow him to kick the weekend off from a better position. Tonio will be back in the car this weekend and he is highly motivated. I am sure that we will see an interesting Grand Prix. The team's performance has improved th roughout the season and the last races have been particularly positive for us. We certainly are in a much better position than we were eight months ago and I hope that we will continue this way until the end."

Thats the most positive I've heard them be. They obviously think they've got somewhere and got the jump on Virgin.

I think HRT are on an upward curve. As has been said above, the turn around from not testing and a double DNQ at the start of the season to matching the Virgins now has been quite impressive. The team will continue to struggle by basing themselves outside of F1's traditional heartlands to attract the level of engineering talent they need to take big steps but they certainly seem to have made a number of little ones.

It made me smile when reading the appointments section of Autosport that HRT's advert was the only one that advertised for a list of staff without using the words "must have F1 experience".

It will be uphill for HRT compared to the other two now. Virgin now have better funding, and have a tie-up with McLaren, Caterham will have Renault KERS and engines, undoubtedly will have better funding than both.

All HRT have in their favour is, Williams gearbox and KERS, of course, also better funding compared to last year.

HRT's new investors have a larger turnover than Marussia and Marussia aren't a new investor anyways - they've owned the majority of the team for a while now. If anything the fact the Virgin name has been dropped means they'll have less funding from what I understand.

Back
Top Bottom