How stupid are Sauber?

To be fair, as has been reported elsewhere, VdG has already won a court case on this matter in the UK and another in Switzerland. From what it seems, the Australian ruling is a further re-enforcement of previous rulings that he has a contract to race with the team.

It seems Sauber had their heads buried in the sand.

A gigantic cluster all round.

Surely the Australian court only has jurisdiction in Australia so after this race he will have to go through the whole thing again in Malaysia and in every other country if he wants to race for the whole season it seems like a ridiculous way to go racing if you ask me on both parties parts and how much fun is it going to be racing for a team that does not want you?

And why aren't the FIA involved as they have jurisdiction over F1 and could sort the matter out once and for all at this rate someone is going to get charged with bringing the sport into disrepute by them..

This is all bloody Bernie's fault you know that don't you, squeezing the teats of the teams until the milk runs dry and so they have to employ pay drivers just to get by..

Last edited:
The lack of FIA involvement is all part of Jean Todt's policy. I keep saying it, Todt is quite content to let everyone else do the dirty work. He's like the anti-Mosley. Max tried to do too much, Todt is doing bugger all.

Assuming Sauber comply with the ruling, does van der Garde honestly believe he's going to have a viable working relationship with the team?

And why is he fighting so hard for a seat at the back end of the grid when, if he believed in his abilities that much, he could make his name in any number of other series. WEC, Indy, DTM etc.

I would have sought compensation from the first favourable verdict back in December and then sodded off and raced elsewhere.

C_A_T

I agree, but that is why I posted the article speculating that he is spearheading for a hostile takeover bid. That seems a more plausible reason as time goes on.

I read that and I'm not sure that is the case. It all sounds very convoluted. I'm sure Peter Sauber would sell the team if a proper approach was made. Yes, I get the bit about rock bottom prices but it could just as easily put the company fully out of business.

Also VdG's reputation would be utterly destroyed across Motorsport, not just F1.

What really astounds me in all of this is that the team TP is a lawyer and, presumably signed off on all of the contracts that are bringing them such grief. I am starting to wonder if she got her law degree from a mail order house:whistle:

Last edited:
Apparently, according to Twitter (Tom Clarkson), VdG has rocked up to Albert Park but can't get in because he doesn't have a paddock pass.

Latest news (according to James Allen) is that Sauber have applied to the FIA for a late driver change to bring Van Der Garde in but the FIA might not give him a super licence. Which would be an ideal get out for Sauber.......almost like it was done deliberately!

*Puts on tinfoil hat*

I just heard that Sauber hasn't notified the proper folks that Van de Garde's contract is back in force, so they aren't fast tracking the issuance of a Superlicense.

Can this possibly turn into a bigger cluster****?

F1 has become a bloody mine field just recently what with Sauber, Force India, McLaren Honda, Manor and Alonso don't any of the powers that be give a shit that F1 is dying on it feet? In fact it's a walking bloody corpse...

Last edited:
Latest news (according to James Allen) is that Sauber have applied to the FIA for a late driver change to bring Van Der Garde in but the FIA might not give him a super licence. Which would be an ideal get out for Sauber.......almost like it was done deliberately!

*Puts on tinfoil hat*

My understanding is that Sauber have to apply to the motoring association of the country of the driver - i.e. the Dutch motoring association for the Super License. I would imagine they would be quick to process given the dearth of Dutch drivers in F1.

I do wonder if the biggest winner from this is going to be Manor F1. They've only signed Merhi for 'the opening rounds' so seem in an ideal place to pick up the driver who losses the Sauber roundabout alomg with his pocket load of cash.

Batman I think your gettimg mixed up between super licence aand being registered to drive under a nations motoring association. Super Licence is decided by the FIA who are bringing in harsher rules of who can have one. Hence the fact that various people have been denied one of late.

F1 has become a bloody mine field just recently what with Sauber, Force India, McLaren Honda, Manor and Alonso don't any of the powers that be give a shit that F1 is dying on it feet? In fact it's a walking bloody corpse...

I don't know what you're complaining about. I am very excited for this weekend and looking forward to seeing:
- Vettel in a Ferrari
- A much improved Ferrari
- The next round of the epic HAM-ROS battle
- Kyvat in a Red Bull
- Verstappen
- How long will McLaren last through the weekend
- Who will show up on the grid for Sauber
- Will Magnusson out qualify Button

So many exciting things to look forward to.

Batman I think your gettimg mixed up between super licence aand being registered to drive under a nations motoring association. Super Licence is decided by the FIA who are bringing in harsher rules of who can have one. Hence the fact that various people have been denied one of late.

I think the FIA should give it out. It will add to the tension in the air.

Batman so wondering if a teams car will finish a race and which driver will or will not be allowed to race and wondering if another team can even make it out of the garage or how a spotty teenager will do or if a teams assets will be seized by the courts is what F1 is all about these days is it?

Marvellous how very avent-garde your version of F1 is and there's me believing it was about actual on track racing how very idiotic I have become in my dotage I must make an appointment with a doctor to see if I have lost the plot.

Personally I think a game of Cluedo (I believe you call it Clue.) would be more exciting than your version of F1.......

Last edited:
Bad day at work, Meph?

At least it's better than having nothing to talk about except the margin by which the leader will romp to the finish. It's not that it's about making F1 be about all that, but about actually having something to talk about.

In that case we should all introduce ourselves to some old ladies and join in with the gossip for our entertainment, and not bother with formula one..

Back
Top Bottom