How many stops in Monaco

How many stops will the Monaco winner make?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We should remember that Monaco is nothing like a conventional circuit - that's why they're bringing these compounds in the first place - and the stress on the tyres is considerably less than anywhere else. So a soft tyre that goes out of its optimum temperature window and shows extreme wear at a high intensity circuit like Catalunya might last a lot, lot longer at Monte Carlo.

In answer to the question, without having analysed the practice sessions, I'd expect two stops, since one or other of the tyres is likely to be a less favourable choice on either performance or wear grounds, and so they won't want to be on that tyre for longer than 1/3rd of the race, if they can avoid it.

Finally entered my vote for '3'.

The guys at the front will tear off into the distance, quickly building enough margin to be able to afford an extra pit stop later in the race. They may not have to make the 3rd stop, but if somebody in the lead pack pulls the trigger, they all will. I'm sure plenty of people from Button backwards will attempt to bring it home in 2 stops, but that will probably be the fight for at best P3/P4.

Can't wait.

Ah... you're being brave... Some drivers to stop 3 times then.....

Personally, with the 2 stops, I'm going to go for 42 stops.... Also, I suspect that the good behaviour on the first lap won't stretch to Monaco, and there will be 4 cars eliminated at Ste Devote....

I voted for 2 because of what i'd seen in Practice yesterday where Vettel and Button did lap times of around 1:19.2ish on the supersoft tyres and they didn't seem to be any drop off in performance even after doing 21 or 18 laps each. But the way the tyres have been performing this year it's really anyone's guessing game on how many stop they will be.

I voted 4 before practice started and we saw how long the tyres lasted, but I shall stick to my guns and stay with 4. I reckon we might just see some rain? (Please make it rain so I don't look a complete fool!)

What's the ruling on the bizarre tyre change after the red flag - does that count as a pit stop?

What's the ruling on the bizarre tyre change after the red flag - does that count as a pit stop?
No - or at least i'm not counting them - as they didn't have any effect on track position! Personally, I think the bizarre rule that allows tyre changes and repairs is just that - bizarre - if the race is continuing, then they should have to start from the pitlane if any repairs or tyre changes are made! Otherwise, it just invalidates any work done with tyre preservation and the like earlier in the race!

okay, okay, we can have a full on medal ceremony then!:D

The "I told you so (and I said it first)" award goes to... drum roll.... RaaaasputinLiiivesssss!!!!!!!

1!

its Monoco - Someone like Schumi or Alonso who have a 'none shall pass' driving style could be driving round on their wheel rims and still have a chance of keeping everyone behind them

See - he was right (nearly...)!!

:)

Back
Top Bottom