Poll How many races will Mercedes win in 2013?

How many races will Mercedes win in 2013?

Votes: 10 22.2%

Votes: 15 33.3%

Votes: 12 26.7%

Votes: 4 8.9%

Votes: 1 2.2%

Votes: 1 2.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• >10

Votes: 2 4.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I suspect Il_leone it's because the whole team is gelled and working extremely hard. Oh, and I seem to recall a team called Brawn dominating half a season a few years ago :thinking:. Driver's title may be a big ask (not impossible) but there is a good shot for the constructors title. That's worth a few bob for the team, lest we forget,and that will be handy for 2014.

Last edited:
I think we're all getting a bit carried away. Merc have been hot and cold from race to race except in quali.

Lewis had a great win on Sunday but I see nothing to suggest they are suddenly such a superior team they are gonna romp the rest of the season away and get a constructors title.

Another win or two maybe.

Would be kinda funny if Lewis (or Rosberg for that matter) would become WDC. Especially Lewis, because most (including me) said it was a step down from McLaren, but for now it seems he made the right choice. But frankly I don't give them a lot of chance.
On the other hand, if one of them manages to finish on the podium for the remaining races and winning a few of them, they'll get a lot of points and might have a shot. I don't really see it happening though, but you never know.

Last edited:
I think they've got a decent chance, you know. The car clearly has the speed, which is more than half the battle. Then it comes down to the tyres, and to a lesser extent to Vettel. Well, the tyre wear seems to be better, plus Pirelli are going to be conservative with their selections from here on in. Several of the remaining events are on less abrasive circuits or in cooler conditions anyway.

If Sebastian is requiring favours from his team mate in the final races then he's not going to get them, is he? Not that he did last year either, though, on reflection.

RasputinLives

Schumy at the moment because "he could have handled things a lot better " but Vettel is catching up with him in that stakes ... he only has to drive someone off the track to prove that

The fact they seem to have got over their thermal degradation problems is a good sign, and it is a quick car

Jos.....the fact that Mercedes rear tires didn't run hot by 20 deg c after just a few laps on sunday, especially in 50 deg c track temperature is significant. This can be an indicator that Mercedes might be able to be competitive, and deal with high speed turns at a circuit like Spa. I hope that Pirelli's Paul Hembrey is correct when he said after sunday....." I'd say they found something. "

There are no high speed corners at the Hungaroring which probably helped Mercedes. It was more like a Monaco race, especially with the lack of overtaking, why anyone thought that the second DRS zone would increase the number of overtakes heaven only knows. Presumably it was there because all races have to have two DRS zones this year (with the exception of those that don't).

Despite the clearly snide remarks, actually Rosberg should be one of the best drivers on the grid at developing given his academic interest in aeronautics and he also achieve the highest score to date on the Williams engineering test. So actually Merc are probably in one of the best positions with the good mix of talent and intellect with their drivers.

Ha, I just stumbled across this old post of mine in the Hamilton thread from back in January:

The key for Mercedes is to start the year with a car that is in the same ball park as where they started 2012. If they can do that I can see Lewis winning multiple races, and he could even win the championship if they sort out their reliability and tyre wear issues.
They fell back massively at the end of 2012 though and the chances of them reclaiming that are slim, as well as the fact that they will almost certainly be focusing on 2014.

Not bad eh? ;)

Back
Top Bottom