Poll How many races will Mercedes win in 2013?

How many races will Mercedes win in 2013?

Votes: 10 22.2%

Votes: 15 33.3%

Votes: 12 26.7%

Votes: 4 8.9%

Votes: 1 2.2%

Votes: 1 2.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• >10

Votes: 2 4.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As above, Hamilton will win 1 at either Canada or Hungary. I do fancy Hamilton to grab a few poles though, Canada or Hungary again a possbility, maybe even Monza. I do fancy that Hamilton will out-qualify both McLarens on quite a few occasions, but will fall back on race pace.

Both Mclaren drivers are pretty shabby qualifiers so I'd say Lewis will out qualify them at the majority of races.

I think Mclarens moving forward and Lewis moving backwards on race day is going to be a bit of a theme next year. I also expect Lewis and Massa to have a lot of dueling.

OK it's a fair cop! It was me. :whistle:

Before you suggest I have lost my marbles or am showing an unfeasibly wild level of Hamilton fandom, hear me out.

In 2008 no one on the planet let alone those who followed F1 avidly would have imagined that a management team would buy Honda for a pound and go on to win the 2009 World Championship. Never ever underestimate Ross Brawn, when he says he has restructured and put everything in place for a Championship contending team he very probably has. Despite his assurances that his targets are modest for 2013 he can not possibly have factored in the intense and pathological rivalry that will ensue from teaming Lewis and Nico again! :snacks::friends::clip::cheers::popcorn:

It's not a big deal but sometimes a posters comments may differ if they know who voted what and quite rightly that is in the hands of the OP....
Not very democratic.

I voted 0, I think the battle will get closer between the top 4 and that Merc will concentrate on finding out what to do about it in 14.

Two for me... one at a power circuit... take your pick... another in topsy turvy rain affected race where it all works out for Lewis for a change...

I thought only Jenson Button won in the rain ;)

He's certainly the reigning world rain champion over last three seasons. Although I'd like to see even him get somewhere quick in the UK right now!

I think it'll be something like this season, early pace and Hamilton might bag a win early on, and get another at Canada, but Mercedes will put focus on 2014 and the car will slip back as the season goes on

Interesting piece about Schumie in Autocourse. Ross Brawn hoped it would be the Schumacher of their Ferrari years, single minded, selfish and focused but he was far more open, willing to share set up details with Rosberg and, all round, a team player. Perhaps Ross is looking for Lewis to be selfish and driven to keep the team motivation high, in those circumstances Mercedes might win more than one or two and keep some momentum through the season.

They've also had a clear out on the technical side so perhaps they won't slide as the season progresses.

I've voted zero; if Schumacher had thought the 2013 car was shaping up to be a winner he wouldn't have hesitated in signing the contract offered (I believe; reading between the lines of an Autosport interview with him).

The regulations are changing so little for next year that I expect the competitive order to be extremely similar to 2012, subject to how well the teams replicate Red Bull's exhaust (probably not too well). Unless the Merc shows pace early in the season, they'll stop development and concentrate on the totally new car for 2014, which in my view is more likely to be a winning proposition.

Back
Top Bottom