GP3 2012

Great start to the season. 3 jump starts resulting in 3 drive throughs. Alex Brundle scoring points, Mitch Evans winning the race and poor Alice Powell been taken off at Turn 2 in the opening lap. My thoughts exactly GP3 season must be here :D. Loved the race shame about the safety car though.

I quite enjoyed the racing yesterday.
For some reason it seemed as frantic as GP2 but without the amateur hour mistakes.

I'll be following the rest of the season closely.

Surprised to see Vicky Piria running under an Italian flag now. I thought she had her licence through the UK. I have a feeling either her or Alice Powell will be the next female in F1. About time we had one with some potential!

Alice had a terrible qually starting 18th well behind her Status Grand Prix teams mates in 5th and 16th and then going out in race 1 on the first lap, not a great start, but she certainly made up for it in race 2 going from I think 24th to finishing 11th, looking a bit handy with the overtaking when given the chance.

Hopefully she can go well in Monaco as well. It would be good to have a proper girl in F1. We are having to make do with Rosbergs Britney impersonations for now. ;)

About a minute in, watch the slow mo as Daly hits the catch fencing. The marshal he is heading for doesn't appear to even flinch. Apparently he's tweeted to thank the authorities for making such a safe car - still don't understand why the Russian bloke wasn't told to stop though.

My thoughts exactly. I was watching that flying wheel just above the marshall's head but the camera followed the car. I wonder where it landed and how many clean pairs of underwear had to be handed out after that one.

The Russian driver should get a race ban for that at least. Weaving like that at any track is bad enough but doing that at Monaco is downright dangerous. It also looks like the Russian was driving with no rear wing as well.

Oh my word, this is one of the worst crashes I've seen in a while, just imagine Daly would have been slightely higher in the air...He would have flewn over that fence and...I don't want to think about the rest

Terrible driving from Suranovich. The top of the debris fence snips off Daly's front-right tyre, at which point it could have been fired away in any direction. There will be wheels and debris in the grandstands before long if someone doesn't crack down hard on this.

Alice Powell is indeed a great talent, her racing in Ginettas was outstanding and I think she's always getting advancement through her own talent. Long may it continue, now time for a major injection of marketing and sponsorship from a British company and good management will see her continue to achieve her F1 goal.

I know this isn't a GP3 thread but there were two nasty accidents in race 2 both requiring seat extractions from the cars does anyone have any info on the drivers conditions? one of them is a girl...

Back
Top Bottom