16. Nigel Melker
17. Jolyon Palmer
18. Tom Dillmann
19. Fabio Onidi
20. Stéphane Richelmi
21. Ricardo Teixeira
22. Giancarlo Serenelli
23. Simon Trummer
DNF: Rodolfo González, Johnny Cecotto, Jr, Jon Lancaster.

Actually managed to watch GP2 race 2 today and well done James Caledo. There have been rumours that the boy is the business and I guess we'll see this season. To be honest though after the weekends results you have to say Razia looks favourite.

Hats off to Max Chilton too. Hadn't really expected the form he's shown this weekend as he's never really shown the potential for. I guess getting to test that Force India last year made him put his head down.

Anyone think Ferrari might sign Fellipe Nasr just to save on admin?

I watched the second half. Great drive from Caledo, one to watch I think. Some good overtaking moves from Max towards the end(where did he actually start the race?).Felipe NasrLOLI commented on him yesterday .................actually he drove pretty well today, if he keeps that up Ferrari wont want him.Fast rookie/Alonso:no:

What a crazy second race.
The first two laps were manic and I'm surprised there were no collisions.

Great pass by Max Chilton to take two cars at one corner, after being passed himself though seconds earlier.
A lucky escape by Valsecchi after rolling his car in the gravel.

I tried watching yesterdays race, but I quickly lost interest, think it was the commentray, the racing was not bad though.

Think I accidentally deleted the second race.

What is Rodolfo Gonzalez doing in that Caterham seat? The guy is 25 years old and hasn't won or even stood out in any junior series.

That was pretty funny though when he drove himself straight into the tire barrier while trying to turn out of the gravel. :D

Must be nice to have Venezuelan backing.

What is Rodolfo Gonzalez doing in that Caterham seat? The guy is 25 years old and hasn't won or even stood out in any junior series.

That was pretty funny though when he drove himself straight into the tire barrier while trying to turn out of the gravel. :D

Is he the 'other' Venezuelan, Keke?

My thoughts exactly - I guess Caterham really do need the money to have him in instead of Rossi - The other thing is that Van Der Garde is hardly sensational either.

To say last year they had Luiz Razia on their books(and testing their F1 car) and also have links to the forementioned Rossi its a pretty poor line-up that they're running in order to fund the F1 team.

I just had a look at the GP2 calendar. Is it a mistake or are they actually having 2 back to back race weekends in Bahrain?

http://www.gp2series.com/Calendar/?raceid=909&seasonid=168

I think it's more to do with the fact China couldn't afford to host a GP2 race aswell as having the main F1 race. Whereas Bahrain were more than happy to take two rounds of the GP2 event, having missed out on F1 last year can't say i blame them really.

They had 2 races of GP2 Asia lined up in 2011, but they had just the one round at Imola instead:
TBY.jpg

This is presumably why they stopped bothering with a separate GP2 Asia series!

Back
Top Bottom