Formula 2 GP2 2012

Bianchi and Bird will sign up eventually and I think they'll be at the front. Alexander Rossi has been named for the Lotus team too so wouldn't be surprised if he's up there.

Not sure if Robert Wickens is coming into GP2 or not but if he gets a half decent drive them my money is on him.

Fingers-crossed that all of them will be in GP2 this season. Sammy Bird is a driver i'm beginning to love, the more i see him drive the more i want to see him become a success and get a drive in F1 soon!

Alexander Rossi has been named for the Lotus team too so wouldn't be surprised if he's up there.

He's linked with the old Lotus, no? I kind of expected Rossi to have been named for Caterham by now, but this is one of the first times I've watched the GP2 driver market so closely, so I really don't know their timetables.

Caterham is trying to choose from Rossi, Luis Razia, Rodolfo Gonzalez, and Riccardo Teixeira, right? Anybody else in the mix?

He's linked with the old Lotus, no? I kind of expected Rossi to have been named for Caterham by now, but this is one of the first times I've watched the GP2 driver market so closely, so I really don't know their timetables.

Caterham is trying to choose from Rossi, Luis Razia, Rodolfo Gonzalez, and Riccardo Teixeira, right? Anybody else in the mix?

Pardon my Lotus! you are correct of course its now Caternham Air Asia - I was pretty sure he was confirmed for them next season after he did all the tests and raced at Abu Dhabi. I might be wrong. I'd also be very surprised if they didn't have Razia in there either as I think he's classed as their official F1 reserve driver at the min.

Pardon my Lotus! you are correct of course its now Caternham Air Asia - I was pretty sure he was confirmed for them next season after he did all the tests and raced at Abu Dhabi. I might be wrong. I'd also be very surprised if they didn't have Razia in there either as I think he's classed as their official F1 reserve driver at the min.

No Caterham Racing drivers confirmed yet!

So no Sammy Bird in GP2 this year as he moves over to Formula Renault 3.5 in order to be able to spend more time with the Merc F1 team apparently

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/world-se...gpupdate&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=news

I have to say he is Mercedes official reserve driver and they've invested a lot of money in him and although people think either Di Resta or Hulkenberg are odds on to replace Schumacher it would not surprise me one bit if they drafted Bird in.

Still - big name loss to GP2 I reckon.

Confirmed drivers for this seasons GP2 grid so far:

TeamNoDriverRounds
Barwa Addax Team[3] 1 Johnny Cecotto, Jr.[4]
2 Josef Král[5]
DAMS[3] 3 Davide Valsecchi[6]
4 Felipe Nasr[7]
Racing Engineering[3] 5 Fabio Leimer[8]
6 Nathanaël Berthon[9]
iSport International[3] 7 Marcus Ericsson[10]
8 Jolyon Palmer[11]
Lotus GP[12] 9 James Calado[13]
10 Esteban Gutiérrez[14]
Caterham Racing[15] 11 Rodolfo González[16]
12 Giedo van der Garde[17]
Scuderia Coloni[3] 14 Stefano Coletti[18]
15 Fabio Onidi[18]
Trident Racing[3] 16 Stéphane Richelmi[19]
17 Julián Leal[20]
Venezuela GP Lazarus[21] 18 Fabrizio Crestani[22]
22px-Flag_placeholder.svg.png
TBA
Rapax[3] 20
TBA
TBA
Arden International[3] 22 Simon Trummer[23]
23 Luiz Razia[24]
Ocean Racing Technology[3] 24
TBA
25 Nigel Melker[25]
Marussia Carlin GP2 Team[26] 26 Max Chilton[26]
27 Rio Haryanto[26]

Luca Filippi will also not be in GP2 this year after moving to race for Bobby Rahal in the Indycar series. That means only 1 of last years top 6 will be in the category - although I've not read anywhere that Van Der Garde is driving the Caterham in GP2 just that he's reserve driver for them in F1 - where have you got that one from Hammy?

Pretty shocked that Caterham left Rossi out of their lineup. Must have been money right?

Back to the World Series for Alexander?

Surely Caterham would make more money by having an American driver in thier team when there is going to be 2 U.S Grand Prixs? Guess they are not thinking long term. I'm also surprised Robert Wickens name doesn't appear on the list of confirmed drivers too!

So no Bird, no Rossi, no Wickens - Is GP2 losing out as the place to be for the up and coming F1 drivers?

On Sky F1 HD

Malaysian GP

Friday 3.55am GP2 Practice
Friday 7.50am GP2 Qually
Saturday 2.55am GP2 Race 1
Sunday 6.10am GP2 Race 2

My Sky+ is set :)

Back
Top Bottom