Formula 2 GP2 2012

If there is really so much upheaval and uncertainty in Bahrain, as some contend, then surely they wouldn't be sending GP2 there for an extended stay, right?

Not sure if this has been posted before. I looked it up and thought I would share.

2012 GP2 Series Calendar
Tests
28-29 Feb- 01 March // Jerez de la Frontera, Spain
6-7-8 March // Barcelona, Spain

Rounds23-25 March // Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
20-22 April // Sakhir, Bahrain
26-28 April // Sakhir, Bahrain
11-13 May // Barcelona, Spain
24-26 May // Monte Carlo, Monaco
22-24 June // Valencia, Spain
06-08 July // Silverstone, Great-Britain
20-22 July // Hockenheim, Germany
27-29 July // Budapest, Hungary
31 Aug – 02 September // Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium
07-09 September // Monza, Italy
21-23 September // Singapore, Singapore

Will both rounds at Bahrain be called off as well? in which case it reduced it to an 18 race season instead of 22 and a massive 8 weeks between round 1 and round 2!

Woo hooooooooo
Really good race the first one. Lot's of overtakes and some wheel to wheel action throughly enjoyed it. Davide Valsecchi throughly deserved to win, he was faultless all race and looked mega cool.
The battle between 2nd - 8th in the final 15 laps of the race was good. Raiza wanted it more out of the chasing pact to finish 2nd and proved so come the end of the race. I really do feel for Max Cilton having battled so hard in the final few laps to go and lose a podium position with a handful of corners remaining must have been heartbreaking especially since it is his Birthday. But well done to Gutierrez for not giving up on the chance of a poduim finish and he got it. Calado did well aswell considering his tyres were going off.

Also WTF was Geo Van Der Garde thinking throughout the race his was having a walking nightmare today.

Plus Cecotto and Nasr incident was that getting looked at what happened?

Was a very good race two aswell today.

Valsecchi was cool as a cucumber and came through from 10th to win the race. Thumbs up to Calado for getting on the podium today. Also gutted for Gutierrez thought he was unlucky as his tyres were going off. But drive of the race came from the brilliant Felipe Nasr coming through the grid from the pit lane too finish 6th with a race with zero pit stops. Also brilliant to see all 3 Brits in the top 8 today to score points :). Also WTF was Laimer doing going fast in the yellow flag zone? He cost himself victory there.

This years tyre rule is making GP2 even more better than it already was I simply can't wait for next weekends races again in Bahrain :).

Having now watched the whole race, I'm quite shocked at the standard of driving in GP2.

Drivers were weaving, chopping, blocking and pushing other cars off the circuit with impunity.

I think they need to get a handle on that as some of those drivers will eventually make their way to F1 where that sort of driving will get them penalised, or even worse, cause a major accident.

some of those drivers will eventually make their way to F1 where that sort of driving will get them penalised

Not necessarily, as it turns out. Still I agree with the sentiment. Who are the role models for young drivers, that's what I want to know?

Valsecchi looks cool as a cucumber doesn't he? Having said that he's been in GP2 since 2008 but with the gap for an Italian driver in F1 I guess drives like that are only going to push his chances.

Gutierrez is the one I have my eye on as if Perez goes to Ferrari he's almost guarentted that Sauber seat due to their Mexican sponsorship. He doesn't look too bad at the moment.

Razia looks handy and very impressed with how much Max Chilton has come on.

Interesting comments on Caledo. He's being touted as the next Lewis Hamilton!

Also posted on 'TV Schedule' thread ;)

GP2 round 3 coverage on Sky this weekend from Bahrain. I wonder how their week has been since round 2....
Nice to have this to break up the 3 week gap in F1 races.

SKY F1 HD

Friday
7.55am GP2 Practice
9.25am GP2 Qually
1.55pm GP2 Race 1

Saturday
11.55am GP2 Race 2

They did have the race on a Friday! how odd.

Valsecchi streaks to victory again! Looks like he's head and shoulders above the rest at the min

Back
Top Bottom