Movies Film Thread

Tonight I have mainly been watching The Theory of Everything. A story which didn't need to be told about characters I didn't care about. Eddie Redmayne was very good, and if sitting in a chair dribbling deserves an Oscar then he's the man. I suppose they gave it to Daniel Day Lewis for My Left Foot so Eddie should be a shoe in - shoe, foot, geddit?

Oh, I didn't enjoy it much. Everyone I was with, however, (and there were 12 of us ranging from 13 to 55) enjoyed it so what do I know.

Didn't the BBC do a documetary film thingy about 10 years ago. I have definitely watched a Hawking life story thing before.

Once was plenty.

It is rather hard to find, but if you get the chance, be sure to see "They Might Be Giants" starring George C Scott. It was only issued on dvd back in, as I recall, 1999, so you may have to look a bit afield.

We just re-watched Men In Black and were reminded what an entertaining and original movie it was.

Too bad they decided to make a sequel, as it was rather poor (as are most sequels) as I recall.

The third one isn't bad.

Back To The Future must be the only good trilogy......if my memory serves me right.

Btw, i downloaded "They Might Be Giants". I haven't watched it yet, just skipped trough it, but it looks like a weird movie.

Last edited:
I hate to admit it, but I wasn't even aware that they had made a third MIB movie. We'll have to give it a try.

As trilogies go, if they had just stuck to three, the first three police academy stories told a good comedy yarn.

They should have left it there though. 4,5,6 and 7 were just crap.

I have always thought that one of the most laughable movies I ever saw was "The Green Berets". Trying to portray an over-age, overweight John Wayne as a "lean mean fighting machine" was just comical.

Today I have mainly been watching the X-Men trilogy. If I were an X-Men I would be called Hemorrhoid as lots of people seem to think I is a pain in the arse.

Gravity: The exact opposite of Interstellar, pretty boring movie. The only thing that let me continue watching was the special effects and Sandra Bullocks legs.

That is, possibly, the shittest film I've ever seen.

The only watchable bit was the first ten minutes.

Sandra Bullock is somehow an astronaut but lacks even the basic skills for the job. She tells us she always crash landed the flight simulator, and we find her thumbing through an instruction manual about the size of the instructions for a DVD player to figure out how to safely pilot a space craft back to earth. She even picks the buttons eeny, meany, miney, mo style..are you flipping serious???!!!

How great can a movie be when it really is only one character (and almost no dialogue) on camera for most of the film?

Can't believe I watched that shite in the cinema.

2001 a Space Odyssey had little dialogue, only really had two characters and one of those was a computer. What a brilliant film that was.

Yes, but this film just consisted of a character just throwing hissy fit after hissy fit as she had no clue what to do while crying majority of the time.

Back
Top Bottom