• Spain

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Qatar

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

F1Brits_90

World Champion
this was something that i thought needed wider thought, after the interesting thought provoking south african gp thread from cider_and_toast. your the person in charge of the F1 Calendar with all the options that are rumoured, which 23 races are picking & which ones are you dropping. you can go anyway you want realistic or if money/contracts were no options

ive put them in alphabetical order as to not favour anything

Last edited:
This considers only the existing races or soon to be on the calendar.

Obviously several tracks have fallen by the wayside such as in Germany for example, and there are some more that are in negotiations to return such as South Africa.

I think a 24 Race calendar is far too long but that cash cow won't milk itself.

I can't vote because I can't get excited by most of the circuits, but that is probably because they are either bland or unsuitable for modern F1 cars.

Agree with every continent:
Australasia I prefer Adelaide to Melbourne.

Indonesia happy to have Malaysia back.

Asia I'll have Japan with Suzuka; China but surely we can do better than Shanghai; and happy with Singapore or a return to South Korea.
India should be there too.

Africa should definitely be Kyalami and possibly something in Nigeria?

Middle East / North Africa... None of the current crop, but a street race in Lebanon could be fun; and there should be something in Israel (Tel Aviv street race along the sea front?); and I'd like something in Morocco because they're the best of a bad lot politically.

Europe can probably lose some but be interesting to have something in Finland or Sweden. Spa and Zandvoort could do alternate years; likewise A-Ring and Nurbergring. I'd rather see Portugal than Spain but again they could alternate. Guess we need to keep Britain (not necessarily Silverstone) and Monaco. Surely France can use a better layout at Paul Ricard. Almost forgot Italy... Can't justify two races per year so alternate Monza and Imola.

One day we will almost certainly be back in Russia but I'd like a street race in St Petersburg or around Red Square.

Over to North America Montreal is always good, and I like Austin. Maybe Vegas will work but not convinced by Miami. I'd love to be back at Longbeach.

Central America and Mexico can stay unless we fancy Cuba instead 😁

Then South America should have two races... Brazil should close the season and I'd like something in Argentina and/or Chile.

That's probably close to a full season...

Last edited:
I've managed to pick 16 from the list dropping a some turd tracks like Hungary, Monaco, Abu Dhabi, Singapore, Spain, China and Netherlands.

so the undroppable circuits according to this forum are these

temp 1.jpg
temp 2.png
temp 3.jpg

temp 4.jpg
temp 5.jpg
temp 6.jpg
temp 7.jpg
temp 8.jpg
temp 9.jpg
temp 10.jpg
temp 11.jpg
temp 12.jpg

Going down the photos:
  1. Red Bull Ring - Personally, I think it's really problematic where more than one team owns a race track, but only one is visited. I also think that the Red Bull Ring is too short - it needs to be extended onto the old Osterreichring loop - and have a qualifying lap time of about 1:25.
  2. Albert Park (Melbourne). The circuit has been improved, but has never really given us great racing. (Mind - neither did Adelaide, unless it rained). Personally, I preferred the character of the Adelaide circuit though - but it would be much better going to Bathurst! :D
  3. Spa - can be a great circuit - but often only if it rains. There have been lots of processional races around Spa - however, as a driver's challenge, it can't be beaten
  4. Interlagos - I've never quite understood why Interlagos works, but it does. The twisty stuff should mean that cars get spread out, but then there's almost always overtaking down the long straight to the Senna S. Overall, definitely a worthy addition
  5. Silverstone. I wish that Brands Hatch had been able to get its act together in the 90s, and upgrade the circuit to accommodate F1 cars. The track would need to be extended, and widened, but the feel of Brands Hatch is much more intimate and exciting than that of the great flat aerodrome of Silverstone. Even Donington Park would have been a better spectacle.
  6. Montreal - we have some good memories of Montreal. 2012 - great race. 2007 - great race, but there's also lots of follow behind the leader races.
  7. Hungaroring - wtaf is this circuit doing on the fantasy calendar. Yes it is in the (former) Eastern Bloc, but it's a truly terrible circuit.
  8. Imola - If Imola were bulldozed because of what happened in 1994, it would probably be a blessing. If we have to race twice in Italy, then let's go to Mugello (although, see 1.)
  9. Mexico city - This has never been a great circuit. In the 90s, the twiddly bits were too twiddly, but then we had the challenge of the periltada. Now, the twiddly bits actually seem to make sense (as they've been smoothed out a little), but the Periltada is gone, and the challenge is gone. If we could have the circuit with the modern twiddly bits, and the 90s periltada (or even a revised, banked 180 degree final corner), that would be epic.
  10. Monza - i've never liked the new first chicane - but gives good racing (although it could do with being an extra couple of metres in width)
  11. Zandvoort - Please. We've been there once in the last 40 years, and it produced a poor race. The track is too narrow, and reminds me of 70s circuits that shouldn't be in F1 any more. Turn 3(?) and the final corner are alright though
  12. Kyalami - there have been 2 F1 races held on this circuit (the same number as the TI circuit in Aida). Neither were spectacular. With modern F1 cars, I hate to think what the racing would be like.
We're missing great circuits, that have produced good racing like:
  • Portimao
  • Sepang (the best Tilke track by far)
And then, for driver challenge, circuits like Suzuka are really missing...

The Artist..... we stayed with circuits that either on calendar, going on the calendar or at the time heavily rumoured calendar, as the "fantasy" calendar is a different thing, because it was realsion that we had 25 circuits rumoured to have contracts & which are the circuits you wouldnt mind if FIA replaced, which are undroppable & those 12 circuits were most popular by those that voted, that at the time of writing have over 80% agreement. all these were most popular circuits on the calendar with the exception of kylami

red bull ring - id disagree id say it always bring entertaining racing

silverstone - same as RB ring, always bring drama mostly 1 of best races of the year

Hungaoring - when you look at the circuit, it does look a big surprise, but how many times have we seen a fantastic race though there 2006, 2008, 2011, 2014, 2015, 2019 2020 2021

Red Bull Ring got negative feedback last week because of the DRS trains forming maybe 65 seconds is too short for a lap

Albert Park - I did not get this thinking it was Bahrain but I have mixed views about it as the best race was 2010 there for me and the others were not as great

Spa - I d doubt we will see racing in the wet there again given the farce last year

Mexico City - is an awful circuit with the stadium section and the straight not doing enough to aid passing

Imola thinking about it the old circuit the cars took a serious pounding but they were taking liberties from Tamburello to Villeneuve with big crashes until 1994. The revised version lacks something now

Back
Top Bottom