• South Africa

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • Spain

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Qatar

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Imola thinking about it the old circuit the cars took a serious pounding but they were taking liberties from Tamburello to Villeneuve with big crashes until 1994. The revised version lacks something now
Given where we are with protective barriers (such as TecPro), I never understood why Imola was never remodelled to approach the feel of the old Imola.

• You could tighten the old Tamburello a bit (or put a chicane in front of it, to turn the corner into an acceleration zone), with improved barriers on the outside.
  • Villeneuve, I think was just too fast, but you could do something innovative, such as a braking zone into a hairpin corner, leading into Tosa (rather than a chicane).
  • I like the new Acque Minerale (the old version was really fiddly)
  • In principle, the Rivazzas should allow overtaking - but in reality, you can't, because of braking downhill. I'd smoothen these up, possibly even add banking, to allow cars to follow onto the start/finish straight.
Oh, and i'd add an extra metre of track all the way round.

Given where we are with protective barriers (such as TecPro), I never understood why Imola was never remodelled to approach the feel of the old Imola.

• You could tighten the old Tamburello a bit (or put a chicane in front of it, to turn the corner into an acceleration zone), with improved barriers on the outside.
  • Villeneuve, I think was just too fast, but you could do something innovative, such as a braking zone into a hairpin corner, leading into Tosa (rather than a chicane).
  • I like the new Acque Minerale (the old version was really fiddly)
  • In principle, the Rivazzas should allow overtaking - but in reality, you can't, because of braking downhill. I'd smoothen these up, possibly even add banking, to allow cars to follow onto the start/finish straight.
Oh, and i'd add an extra metre of track all the way round.
The old circuit because of the layout you were blasting all the way from the start through tamburello and then finally overtaking at Villeneuve which was spectacular no doubt then at speeds at 200mpn it was insane going into that corner

I only mixed three races and voted for all the others.

The 3 I nixed are:
China
Azerbaijan
Monaco

Monaco I think should be considered a media event rather than a championship race. Because it doesn’t really suppprt racing with modern cars.

Back
Top Bottom